5

LOST MY MINDalice kristianen0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

LOST MY MIND
alice kristianen
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"So, how was counseling?" Warren asked.

"Oh, you know, rainbows and unicorns. The usual," Azriel grumbled out with a roll of his eyes, leaving his best friend to breathe out a chuckle at the strength of sarcasm used.

It was a sunny Tuesday morning when the golden boy and the raven monster were walking across the school parking lot together, leaving behind a trail of awestruck by-passers to admire them from afar.

Nobody had ever been capable of understanding how two pieces so different, so unfitting, were a perfect match to the puzzle that everyone thought their friendship was.

They contrasted heavily like night and day.

Warren Hudson was no less than the warmth of the sun, bright and full of friendly cheer, possessing the charm to light up someone's day with his dimpled smile. Azriel Logan was rocky like the moon on a dark night, having lost all his stars, there was little about him that glowed, and yet he was like a captivating poem to those who knew how to solve a riddle as tough as him.

The boys, though, didn't care.

They had divergent views of the world, polar ways of dealing with emotions, but that's what made their brotherhood so unlike any other. They made up for each other - everything one of them didn't have, the other did.

"Sounds miserable, really," Warren sympathized and added, "How long until you're done?"

"Until I've learnt how to keep my 'anger in check and not lash out at those who cannot defend themselves'. Fucking bull," Azriel answered, the dryness of his tone mirroring his feelings towards the sessions.

The aureate scoffed, "That's ridiculous."

Instant chatter slapped them right in their faces the moment they'd taken the first step inside the building, and their eyes were greeted by the noisy bustle that flooded the hallways.

Azriel's head hurt from the deafening circus his schoolmates were already making. It pained him to think how the day hadn't even started yet, it had hardly been a complete minute of being in the company of those he liked to refer to as 'chaotic morons' that were 'scattered around like bacteria'.

He braced himself for the next seven hours with an internal groan.

Upon bracing himself with an internal groan, Azriel reminded himself: The goal is to survive, not thrive.

A blond boy named Carter Jenson approached the best friends, interrupting their conversation.

He greeted the golden boy with one of those boyish nods and dared to peek at the raven monster. In return, Azriel narrowed his glare at the blond, as if daring him to look in his direction again.