8

YOUwrenn 0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

YOU
wrenn
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Now, let's talk about your anger episodes," miss Rose insisted.

She leaned back in her chair with her elbows resting on the armrests, hands knotted together. Sitting opposite from her was Azriel. Something in him twitched with irritation at what the counselor assumed he had - anger episodes. 

"I don't have any damn episodes," he disagreed, keeping his tone level with a calm sort of warning, hinting for her to not go any further.

Miss Rose, though, rephrased herself instead of backing down as she should have. "Your anger outbursts, then. Tell me about those,"

Azriel narrowed his compelling eyes at the woman when he saw no hesitance in her chestnut ones. "I tend to have those when I'm bothered by pesky little fucks. How convenient is it that there's no deficiency of them in this school?" he said, his voice thundering deeper, giving her another chance to drop it.

The counselor, however, was unaware of how high she'd gotten on the raven monster's nerves.

She only dared to poke harder. Clearing her throat, the ginger pressed, "How would you describe such. . .pesky people?"

Azriel glanced at the clock hung on the wall to check how much more time he'd have to spend in this 'shit hole'. His fists tightened and relaxed as he silently noted that there were only a few more minutes for his session to end. He forced himself to keep it together for the passing ticks of time.

He answered miss Rose's question dryly, "Inquisitive beyond limits,"

"Can you elaborate?" she pushed another button, finally sounding uncertain of treading anymore. Leaning forward in his seat, Azriel trapped the woman's solid eyes with his enchanting ones. The depths of his elemental irises sent her into a motionless, speechless state.

"They're fucking nosy, always prying into matters that aren't theirs to be concerned with. They feed off on each other's business, they find amusement in someone else's horrors. Getting a rise out of someone, the sight of them breaking down to ashes satisfies their twisted minds. They have no boundaries, they're hollow. They dig deeper into somebody's fears and go far enough to push the said somebody to the edge of the cliff, and that's all it takes for somebody to jump." he put the storm that clogged his mind into words, the glare on his face hardening with a mask so cold that it could've frozen miss Rose right there.

Without waiting for her to say anything else, Azriel stood up and slung his bag around his left shoulder. He turned around and walked over to the door, feeling the counselor's stare follow every movement of his. Before leaving, though, the boy looked at her over his shoulder and fired a last verbal bullet.

"Too bad your job is exactly that - snooping into all that isn't yours."

Pulling the door open, Azriel stepped out and breathed a sigh of utter relief when it closed behind him, not even caring to glance at miss Rose whom he'd just stunned into silence. His sight found a familiar figure sitting in one of the blue, cushioned chairs on his right, detached from her surroundings as she held a book in her hands, drowning out all worldly chaos with her earbuds plugged in.

The raven monster wondered for a moment if the nyctophile, too, had a demon of her own that she was trying to repress with the power of deafening melodies.

Nyx looked up and turned her head to the left, noticing Azriel standing there. She let the heavy bundle of pages in her grip loll close while tugging an earbud out. She stood up and sent a warm smile to the boy that was growing on her dangerously fast.

"Hey." she waved. 

"Go away," he groaned in return, not wanting to project his irritation from earlier onto her.

"Is princess not in a good mood today?" Nyx teased, playfully raising her brows. 

In spite of being afraid of doing so, Azriel couldn't help snapping, "Don't fucking call me that,"

For the first time since they'd both known each other, Nyx flinched at the harshness of his tone that was stained with a lot more anger than it had ever been. 

Not wanting the monster to know that she was afraid of him for that short moment, she hid her feelings with the smallest of smiles. It took all of her strength to keep it from drooping into a frown, but she braved it like she'd been doing for a long time now.

Nyx nodded and apologized in a quiet voice, adding, "I'll go."

She even stepped away from him to initiate distance between herself and him. 

For a reason he wasn't prepared to accept yet, Azriel felt a tinge of disappointment at her actions, hating himself for being the cause. 

He moved away as well to let her pass through, remembering that she had a session just after him.

The raven monster watched with glazed eyes as she disappeared inside the room he'd walked out of. He felt a tug of longing in his chest, a punch of guilt hammered against the walls of his heart, his mind felt more chaotic than usual when he recalled the nyctophile's words .

I'll go.

He didn't want her to. 

But, he was weak. 

He was too lost to admit that he'd found a haven of his own, and he didn't like knowing that he had the power to let it slip from his hands without even embracing it first.

Azriel had convinced himself that he was capable of nothing more than being a disappointment. He couldn't bear the weight of not messing things up with someone, no. 

He had to walk away, so he did.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•