24

LOVE WON'T LET ME LEAVEseafret0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

seafret
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

After twenty minutes or so of driving together, the quartet had finally pulled into the parking lot of 'Rebel Rink'.

Azriel and Warren climbed down the jeep first, helping the girls down too despite their claims of how they were perfectly capable of doing so themselves, accepting the boys' help nonetheless.

Upon walking through the doors, they were greeted by a fairly crowded room, for there were groups of people who had either gotten done with skating or were waiting on more friends to start with. The quartet headed over to the front desk across the room and paid for themselves after waiting in line for only a few minutes - a huge relief.

Warren threw the double doors open, letting the girls in and following after them with Azriel.

It surely was a whole new world in here.

It felt like they'd suddenly entered the coldest place there was, the freezing air hit them like a bullet train. It was hard to tell what was louder, the ace choice of music or the crowd that was having the time of their lives, holding hands and skating around on the ice, some stumbling and the others gracing.

It was lively, everything about it felt like a place Nyx had never had a way to go to.

Now that she was here, with people that made her feel like she belonged somewhere, she didn't want to leave.

Aurora linked her arm with Nyx's to pull her close, an attempt to share the warmth from her baggy sweater with her new friend.

Nyx definitely ended up feeling a whole lot warmer from the gesture.

On noticing the pair of girls together and how they getting along well already, Azriel looked away to hide his smile.

The small group of four headed over to the desk where they'd be getting their skates. Even though they turned down the jackets that were offered, not wanting to wear countless people's stenches, they ended up not refusing the gloves.

After changing out of their shoes and into the skates, the quartet held on to each other - an arrangement that Azriel didn't quite understand - and headed over to the rink.

"You know," he said. "If one of us falls, and I just know that it'll be Nyx, the rest go down as well for no reason. So, can we please get our hands off each other?"

Nobody paid attention to him.

While Aurora and Warren ignored his grumpiness on purpose, Nyx was clutching onto the boy's arm because what he said was true - even if she hadn't heard a single word of what it, too busy focusing on not falling because of the bladed skates.