23

SOMETHING IN THE AIRseafret0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

seafret
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The following week had been a lot easier on Nyx and Azriel.

The delayed arrival of their new counselor being the majority of the reason why. Apart from this, everything was as good as it could've been - it was stable, to say the least. 

Nyx was learning how to accept the distance that was growing between her parents and herself, but it was taking time since nobody should have to force themselves to come to terms with their parents giving up on family. 

Even though she wasn't holding it against her mother, there was still a part of Nyx that couldn't face her, making her avoid running into Nova in any way. This, either surprisingly or not, hadn't been hard. 

Her father, on the other hand, was running out of promises to break, promises that he'd made to his daughter and his wife. Nyx, though, had given up hope on the man, understanding that he had a different world now, one that didn't include his family.

Last week on Thursday night, Friday morning to be exact, Nyx and Azriel had returned home somewhere around three in the morning. 

The hour and a half's drive back to the city had been spent in quietude, buried in another one of their comfortable silences, treasuring each other's company wordlessly, both of them reliving the night in their heads, still not over the feeling of being that close to each other. 

The boy had dropped off the girl at her house and although he hadn't walked her to the front door, he had waited in his car till she was inside the safety of her house, driving off seconds after she'd locked the door.

Despite having spilled a little bit of their hearts out to each other that night, the nyctophile and the raven monster hadn't spent their days getting extremely cozy with each other, no. 

But, there was now a solid soft spot established between the pair. 

The shell of their relationship was harder to crack, it wasn't fragile like wafer-thin ice.

Something about sitting under the same sky, watching the stars together, with their cold bodies embracing a kind of warmth they'd never had, letting each other's presence calm their demons down had strengthened their ties. 

After all, it wasn't easy for two people with souls so heavy and guarded to let someone in that easily.

They were progressing at a steady rate, and neither of them would have it any other way. 

Nyx was stronger than Azriel, she had fully accepted that she felt something for the boy. 

Azriel, though, was still scared of himself.