31

HESITATEjonas brothers0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

HESITATE
jonas brothers
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was a dying Saturday evening. 

The sun's top had sunken down low, kissing the pastel sky golden with fading embers of dusk. The moon lay waiting patiently, distant and crescent, radiant with a sort of pearly smile, adorning what was left of the day. There was a soothing melody somewhere in the clouds, tinted pink, singing the tune of a lullaby so beautifully.

Nothing could make it more perfect than it already was.

Nestled in each other's arms were Nyx and Azriel, laying on the latter's bed in absolute calm. 

The room was dark, lights kept turned off, with only the glow of the ceiling constellations illuminating it weakly.

Nyx sat with her back supported by the headboard. Her fiery eyes were roaming over the lines, and pictures of the book held in her fingers delicately. 

It was the one that Azriel had gotten for her, a vintage mythology book, the kind that she had been taking a lot of interest in for a few months now. 

It had surprised her, the fact that he had found one of these since it was nearly impossible to find such old books that were now lost and forgotten. 

The boy had searched for it from his heart, not once revealing how he had managed to find it, only asking her to take it without a single question.

Besides, he loved that his girl was a bookworm at heart.

Speaking of Azriel, he was presently resting on his bed, or at least half of him was. 

He lay between Nyx's parted legs, replacing his mattress with her, face nuzzled in the crook of her neck, arms engulfing the girl to keep her close, elemental eyes curtained and relaxed. 

Nyx's free hand was playing with his hair, running through the velvety raven waves in a slow and gentle lull, traveling down to his naked back and drawing circles on his toned shoulder blades, pampering the boy lovingly. 

She felt a tingle whenever he stroked the exposed skin of her hips to return the affection.

Azriel wasn't fully asleep, he would hum in response whenever Nyx quietly mumbled about whatever mythical creature or story she found fascinating.

The ding of an alarm alerted them, announcing that their time together was up. 

After dismissing the alarm on her phone, Nyx shut the book in her hands and placed it aside, skimming her fingertips over Azriel's brows.

"We gotta go," she spoke softly, knowing that he was awake.

Azriel's hair tickled her skin when he pulled away from her neck, lazily rubbing his eyes with his bare hand.