7

I BELIEVE YOUfletcher0:00 ───|────── 0:00 ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

I BELIEVE YOU
fletcher
0:00 ───|────── 0:00 
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Azriel let out a hopeless sigh when he glanced down at the familiar mop of cinnamon hair that belonged to the girl who had bumped into him for the second time today. She stumbled a step back and gasped out an apology.

"Are you blind? Or do you just thoroughly enjoy this?" he greeted dryly.

Nyx's blazing eyes snapped up to lock with the boy's magnetic ones. Her previously apologetic expression canvassed into happy recognition when she realized that it was his chest that she'd collided with. 

Instead of offering him a smile like she always did, Nyx brought her hand up in a short wave. She then allowed her gaze to wander around his figure, her mind losing the sense of comprehension for those handfuls of heartbeats. His navy blue jacket wasn't zipped up all the way, leaving part of his toned chest and prominent collar bones open for the world to gawk at, and it even brought out the oceanic flecks of his hazel eyes, white hood strings dangling down and matching his untied high-tops, a plain pair of grey sweatpants adding a tempting touch. He wasn't dressed in anything special, not at all, yet he held the power to conquer the room.

"Should I be worried that you're not bombarding me with your usual inability to stay quiet?" Azriel asked, bringing the brunette out of her whirling thoughts.

Composing herself quickly, Nyx rose a playfully accusing brow, "I thought you didn't like it when I went on talking?"

"That's for me to decide," Azriel claimed. 

Truth was, the raven monster had never really minded her voice. It gave him a break from his thoughts, it silenced his demons, it distracted him. But, it also scared him, the fact that someone had the strength to command his world, that a soul was indestructible enough to be his haven.

There came the smile that he'd gotten used to as the nyctophile looked up at him, the fire in her gaze returning with a radiance as powerful as the moon's gleam. But the boy could see past her smile like she was transparent glass, he knew it had never been real enough to be truly content.

Little to his knowledge, he'd become something to her too. With him, she didn't have to search for reasons to hold her smiles from drooping down. The weight of her world seemed a little lighter in the presence of the boy who was silently struggling just as badly.

"What are you doing here?" Azriel inquired, changing the subject, pointing his chin in the direction of the store she'd walked out of. It was also where he had to go to for his sister's charger. 

Nyx's smile widened as she held up the paper bag in her hand, "I just bought myself a new phone! I'd been using my old one for a long time now. Come to think of it, I'm glad that someone stepped on it and cracked its display completely. This took up most of the savings that I had gathered from working at the diner, but it feels so good to have bought it from the money I earned instead of asking my parents, you know?" she explained innocently, the stretch of her lips not faltering even a little bit.