30

HEARD YOU CRYINGmichael schlute0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

HEARD YOU CRYING
michael schlute
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"You'll be alright?"

Nyx stared at her house a little longer, wondering what it would be like to go inside today since after so achingly long, Nova had finally called out to her, she had acknowledged her. 

Then, taking a deep breath, she turned in her seat to look at Azriel who was sitting right next to her in the driver's side of his Camaro. 

It was a while past moonrise when the pair stood in her driveway. 

They had spent the remainder of the evening together, not wanting to let each other go immediately after their confession, the one that had made everything right.

"I'll be alright." Nyx smiled in assurance to Azriel's question. 

She then rested her head against the headrest, tilting her face to look at him. "Thank you for driving me home,"

Azriel wasn't fully convinced. He didn't want to leave her side just yet, but he knew she had somewhere more important to be. 

So, he gazed at her for another moment, wanting to make sure she was strong enough at the moment to hold herself up. 

The boy then unbuckled his seatbelt, got out of his car, and walked over to the passenger's side to get to Nyx. She let him help her get down from the Chevy, her smile not wearing off as she watched him close the door for her and lock it right after.

Azriel's freshly bandaged hand found Nyx's cold one, holding it like there was nothing that mattered more to him at this moment.

He wordlessly walked her to her porch, facing her only when they came to a stop right outside her front door. 

"Nyx, just because you can be alright doesn't mean you have to, not all the time. Whatever happens in there, you're allowed to not be fine with it," he told her. 

Then, moving his palm up to cup her flushed cheeks, he promised, "Call on me if you need me, I got you."

Before Nyx could even part her mouth to express her appreciation, Azriel descended his neck down and nuzzled his face closer to hers, gently pressing his lips onto the apple of her left cheek, and pulling away without giving her time to even process it. 

He was wearing a goofy grin, something the girl had never seen him do, a small dimple on the corner of his top lip.

Azriel then began walking backward, taking slow steps down the porch. 

"See you, Nyx," he said to her, grin having turned into a smile, just like the one that she had always given him.

Nyx waved goodbye to the raven-head, hearing him drive off only when she had gotten inside the safety of her house and locked the door shut.