16

WALKED THROUGH HELLanson seabra0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

WALKED THROUGH HELL
anson seabra
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

On Sunday night, hours after they'd returned from their short trip, Nyx and Ariel found themselves in their comfort places.

The nyctophile sat on her window sill a little past midnight, talking to the moon and telling her all about what happened in these two days. With a certain boy with the prettiest elemental eyes taking up most of her words, the stars smile down at her sparkle.

The raven monster lay on his roof in nothing but his beanie and jeans, searching the night sky for answers as to how to stop himself from giving in to someone, no matter how right it felt.

Azriel had been through this before, not too long ago. He'd felt a few things too, but it had been for somebody else - somebody that he wanted nothing more than to lose all memory of. His soul still had burns from those sparks he had felt around her, she who was as bad as hell for him, and there were still scratches from her touch lingering on his skin that only he could see.

All that was left of her had done him no good.

It had messed him up, torn apart the way to his heart by forcing him to fortify it, leaving little to no hope for anyone to crack past his guard. She had left him scarred, everything about her was not just a painful reminder of what had gone down, but also a deafening warning that it could happen all over again if he didn't stop anyone from getting close.

And so, Nyx and Azriel lost themselves in the night - only one of them knowing the way back to the world while the other didn't want to return at all.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was a fading Monday evening when the sky painted itself in the hues of violet and blue, the clouds were pink, resembling cotton candy, and lastly, a crescent moon adorned it beautifully.

There was no better place for one to be than on a picnic blanket with soothing tunes playing in the background, letting the breeze comb through their hair, turning their thoughts off, and dedicating every thump of their heart to the awaited night.

On an evening as fine as this, Nyx was where she would always be at this time - working her daily shift at GrubHub.

Right now, however, the presence of the person she'd spent most of her night thinking about was making it worth missing out on everything that lay beyond the diner.

"Why do you work here?"

Nyx titled her head at Azriel's question, pausing from dusting the counter clean to blink at the boy who was comfortably seated on the barstool with his face nuzzled in his crossed arms.