13

CAN I tedy0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

CAN I
tedy
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Nyx was in complete awe of camp Tentage the very moment she'd stepped foot on its earth. 

The grounds and everything they held, to her it was all magic. It was as if every small, significantly favorite figment of her imagination had risen to life - the powerful song of the wind, the dictating chills it brought, the gentleness of the rocky earth, the dominance that the forest held, the mystic hues of the sky, the shadows of the darkness that whispered so many secrets, the soothing presence of the stars in numbers infinite, the elegant glow of the moon as it sat on its throne and smiled right back down at the nyctophile. 

It was all for her. 

The night was hers, and she knew it. She let the lonely comfort of her element embrace her to the deepest, heaviest, coldest corner of her strangled heart.

Right where the rooted bridge ended, began the reality of what Tentage was. 

A clear circle, resembling an open ground, was situated in the middle, neatly bordered with pebbles. Embracing all that lay beyond this border were the tall, elegant, and beautifully eerie trees that quilted the rest of the mountain too. Every part of the campsite was illuminated in golden lights and yellow lanterns, it was like fireflies adorning the appeal. 

There were wooden cabins and small tents scattered around the site, and their setting was all sorts of aesthetic. Knitted hammocks were cozily hung around here and there. Across the open circle stood the dining hall, wood painted white and alight with vines and golden lights. A pebbled pathway led further into the grounds to where the housing was. 

Behind the dining hall was a fairly large lake that extended well beyond comprehension and took paces of the mountain as a whole, appearing no less than a watery canvas reflecting the nightly scene above it. By the deck were boats and rafts, and in a distance were some tire swings and additional hammocks. 

It was more than what they'd expected, so much better than what'd they'd imagined.

Presently, Nyx was standing in the middle of the dining hall, watching the bustle unfold in front of her glazed eyes. 

Her fellow latecomers had taken it upon themselves to tell the little tale about their tire burst mishap, exaggerating every second of it to make it seem like they had survived some dinosaur wreckage. The others listened intensely, letting out gasps of shock and whispers of relief along with a few useless chants of successful survival.

It was stupid, Nyx thought, how people thrived more on constant drama - drama that neither concerned them nor was ever true enough to match the standards of reality - than they ever could on oxygen.

Yet, as she stood in the center of the false glory, all that her soul could see was the closeness her schoolmates shared, sitting next to one another, sharing stories and laughs, making memories to reminisce over later in their lives.