20

EVERYBODY BUT MEnick wilson0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

EVERYBODY BUT ME
nick wilson
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was a warm evening when the sun had begun giving in to the moon, bowing to let it shine. 

Azriel lay face planted in the comfort of his bed. The lights of his room were turned off, the constellations on his ceiling formed strange shadows on the wooden floorboards, and there was no noise whatsoever to disturb the havoc of his thoughts as he wandered in the loudest and coldest corners of his mind.

The boy was a blink away from falling into a disconnecting sleep when the door to his room screeched against the wall after being thrown open, disrupting the silence that was killing him scarless. 

Without even flinching at the sudden noise or opening his eyes, Azriel simply nuzzled his face further into his pillow, about to tell whom he assumed to be his younger sister to leave him alone, when he heard a very familiar voice that was far from being a girl's.

"Wake up, you asshole," demanded his best friend.

"Go away, Warren. I'm not in the damn mood," the raven head mumbled. 

The aureate, however, wasn't having it. 

Warren simply closed the door to the room, planting the possibility of having left like he was told to do. 

Azriel, wanting to check if his best friend who hardly ever listened had really left, opened his eyes. 

Just as he was about to turn around, he let out a pained hiss when something heavy and loaded collided with his shirtless back after being aimed right at it.

"What do you want?" Azriel grunted while pushing himself up into a seating position and resting his naked back against the headboard. 

He noticed Warren wearing his basketball jersey, meaning he was just out of practice. His curls were still wet and messily ruffled, indicating that he'd taken a hasty shower, wanting to get to his best friend without wasting any more of his time. 

Azriel didn't even want to question if the boy's tank top was stained in sweat or water. He was about to make a humorless joke about it, but the glare on Warren's face made him toss it away for another time.

Forming air quotes with his hands, stardust eyes narrowed, Warren quoted, "Azriel finally moved on from his fuck with that loser after fucking her off in the hall yesterday." 

Rolling his own eyes in response, Azriel offered, "Look, I can't entertain your nonsense right now. How about waste my time with it tomorrow when I'll have a fuck to give?"

"What the hell did you do, Aze?" Warren demanded, cutting to the chase. 

The other boy shrugged casually, "Don't know what you're talking about."