2

RENEGADES x ambassadors 0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

RENEGADES
x ambassadors
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Later that day, it was a starless night.

The sky was tucked beneath a puffy duvet of dark clouds, grey and dull like the ghost of someone's past. Glassy drops of rain drummed lustily against nature all around, as it was pouring down rather heavily, even noisily enough to drown out the distant howls of lone wolves. The impending night felt frightening, yes, but there was an enticing sort of halloo to it, a call to the easily tempted, an invitation to dig deeper into a bottomless void of secrets.

Nyx sat cozily in a booth at GrubHub, the diner she worked at.

It was owned by the friendliest of couples, the Hecks, an old and jolly pair.

Her eyes reflected the bolts of lightning that surged past the clouds as she gazed up at the wailing sky. There was comfort in the synchronized tapping of its tears against the windows of the diner. As her palm delicately pressed to the window in front of her, an unsteady breath tumbled off her parted lips and fogged around the glass.

It was the best kind of music, the sort that silenced her thoughts and muffled the chaos of the big bad world out there.

Sheltered with Nyx were her three co-workers – Jane, Louise, and Isaiah.

The trio was made of perfectly unfitting pieces, adding up to an amusing puzzle: there was an impulsive rebel, an uncoordinated stumblebum, and a responsible nanny.

Jane was a passionate young woman. She had a fire within her, the kind that bowed to no one but only soared high up to meet the impossible. She was made of lightning, there was a gorgeous sort of electricity whirling in her bewitching eyes, and they were always glistening with the fierce twinkle of a rebel.

Having eloped from home right after graduating university two years ago, leaving behind her wealthy and well-reputed parents, to escape their impossibly high standards, Jane had stumbled across GrubHub on a stormy evening, having no place to go in a state so new - especially after cutting herself off from her loaded bank account.

She wanted no part of what she hadn't earned, this was part of the prize that came with the decision of leaving home and all that it offered.

That's when she made her first friend in an alien land.

"Lou," Jane hummed in content.

Louise was an adorable round woman made of all things affectionate and loving.

A literal Teletubby, her coworkers would say. There was nothing more innocent than her toothy grin, and she was said to hold a kind of magic in her hands when it came to cooking absolutely anything up. She was GrubHub's most prized possession.