4

DEEP ENDbirdy 0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

DEEP END
birdy
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was hours later that the warm afternoon had given in to a cold evening. The sky was changing colors, turning from an artistic merge of tangy orange and soothing yellow into a gorgeous canvas of pink and purple. The streets were fairly busy with chatter and laughter echoing all around. The day's cheer was slowly dulling with sundown.

Nyx was back at her shift at GrubHub that same Monday evening. 

The diner was fairly busy with a crowd that consisted mostly of people coming back from a long day at work to eat away their tiredness. 

Isaiah and Louise were too occupied with cooking up all the orders to bicker with one another. Being themselves, however, Louise found the time to drop a few items and Isaiah used every opportunity he could to correct the woman, hardly ever letting her off the hook easily. 

Jane had been standing at a table for the past five minutes, tapping her foot impatiently as she explained every item of food on the menu to some kids in their early teens, trying her best to keep a scowl from forming on her face as a reaction of utter annoyance at the boys' indecisiveness. 

Nyx was standing at the counter, arranging a tray of food, which caused her to miss the melodious chime of the bell at the door announcing the arrival of a customer.

Two hands slammed down on the wooden counter, startling Nyx and causing a soft clutter to sound from the tray full of plates made of glass. 

Her eyes followed the bulging green veins up to the individual's face. It was a moment later that she blinked at the pair of hazel irises. 

She smiled in greeting.

 Azriel Logan wasn't in the mood for pleasantries. 

He leaned closer to the cinnamon-haired girl, narrowing his frustrated eyes, his expression hardening as a warning to her. 

Nyx did not back down. She held the raven monster's gaze bravely, her smile flattening but never leaving her rosy lips.  

It irritated the boy, how much she could take.

"I'm not here to make friends, do you understand?" Azriel's voice rumbled like a storm, deep as an ocean. 

Nyx only broke eye contact with him and continued to arrange the tray of food in front of her, "Everybody needs friends." 

"Yeah, well, I fucking don't," he snapped.

She locked gazes with him, daring to lean in close to him just like he was currently doing. "Then who is Warren to you?" 

"That doesn't fucking concern you, stay out of my damn way," Azriel warned.

Holding her hands up in innocence, Nyx replied simply, "I'm nowhere in your way, you walked in here by choice. That reminds me, what would you like to order today?"