6

BLEED OUTblue october 0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

BLEED OUT
blue october
0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

A wavered breath broke past Azriel's tinted lips when his fist hit the punching bag one last time, resting his forehead against it after. 

The boy found a twisted kind of relief in the pain that webbed its way down from his busted knuckles and all the way up to his aching senses, sending his mind into a temporary state of numbness. His chest churned with how badly his heart lay burning within its cold walls. His arms felt so heavy that he didn't trust them to hold him up any longer. His usually untamed raven hair was a sweaty mess. Beads of salt glittered down his flushed body as he stood in just a pair of basketball shorts that hung low on his toned hips.

Once his breathing was back to normal, his adrenaline having turned into tiredness, the raven monster peeled away from the punching bag and let out a quivered sigh of satisfaction. 

He walked past all the gym equipment and over to the corner of the room where he'd left a bottle of water, snatching it off the ground and undoing the top. 

It took him roughly three gulps to finish it as he let the cool liquid burn his thirst into ashes, resisting the urge to dip it down on himself. He desperately wanted to get in the shower to wash off the stench and remnants of an intense hour of releasing stress. 

Both his hands were dressed in hand-wraps, he ran one of them through his wet hair, ruffling it up more than it already was. 

After closing the door to the home gym, he walked down the hall of the Logan household, loosely untied shoes squeaking against the hardwood floorboards.

Upon nearing the staircase, Azriel's gaze landed on a figure that was lazily balled up in one of the couches in the lounging space. 

With a mischievous grin on his flushed lips, he approached his younger sister with hushed steps, making sure not to divert her attention from the screen of her cell phone. Lucky for him, her back was facing him and so she wasn't aware of his arrival. 

When he was close enough, Azriel dropped the water bottle on the carpet with a low thud and launched his sweaty, shirtless figure down on his sibling and cocooned the girl in a tender embrace from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Hey, Roar," the raven monster greeted his little sister, knowing perfectly well how she hated his sticky and stinky hugs.

"Aze!" Aurora Logan yelled out startled and stunned, as though someone had just plunged her into a bucket of ice-cold water.

Aurora had the spirits of a halcyon and a light that shone brighter than the sun, pleasant like spring. Her dark and glossy raven hair fell below her chest, its beauty mirroring that of the feathers of a phoenix. She shared her brother's elemental eyes, oceans of a soothing hazel clashing with a powerful blue that could only belong to Poseidon. The rosiness of her cheeks reflected the innocence of her youthful soul, even her full lips were a mild crimson. Her voice was a calming melody, a song of dawn, soft and entrancing to listen to.