₁. Eᴍᴇʀsᴏɴ

Just a call and everything changed.

It was nearly 8 am when the voice of JARVIS, Tony's artificial intelligence, woke everyone in the Avenger Compound:

"Avengers, Mr. Stark is calling a meeting in 10 minutes."

From every room you could heard groans. But as said, 10 minutes later Tony was talking to everyone, fully or not at all awake.

"Hello everyone, I hope you slept well."

"Why are we here at 8AM, Tony?" complained Natasha already missing her bed

"Well, we've got a mission ahead and we are running out of help. I've already called everyone I know but no one can. So, my question is, do any of you know someone who could help us?"

Everyone was looking at each other but no one spoke until Peter raised his hand.

"I already told you not to raise your hand like that, kid, you're not at school."

"Yea, sorry but I might know someone," he said "the thing is, I haven't spoken to them in ages so I don't really know what they become."

"Who is he?" asked Steve surprised

"She and why are you so surprised by that? Never mind I don't wanna know... her name is Emerson and she must be 22 by now."

"How can we contact her?"

"Does she know how to fight?"

"She gave me a number to call for emergency Steve and Mr. Stark, I'm not quite sure. But I believe she can."

Meanwhile somewhere lost in Russia, Emerson is strapped to a chair, her feet resting on the chair legs and her hands tied behind her back. She has been in this hangar for more than 2 hours, questioned by her targets. 

One of the officers slapped her making her crack her neck, she rolled her head back and looked up at her attacker thinking that she could just end them right here and right now. She had a specific mission and she was trying hard to finish it before she finished them. Her phone suddenly rang, immediately attracting the attention of her captors and their leader in particular. Taking her phone, he answered:

"Who is it?"

"Look I don't have a lot of time," the person said "just know that there's a shit load of bomb in your direction so... put the girl on the phone."

The leader looked around him suspiciously and brought the phone to her ear.

"Who is it?" she asked

"Hey mer, it's me Peter."

"What do you want? I'm working here."

"Yeah, I'm sorry but I really need you... like right now."

She looked up to her attackers, thinking what matter the most.

"Okay, I'm coming."

She nodded for the boss to retrieve the phone and when he did, she kicked him in the head making him back away. To protect him, another arrived ready to finish her, he made a movement to hit her but Emerson managed to avoid him. She used her tiptoes to propel herself and pushed her attacker back, she fell on her back breaking the chair that held her down. Her hands and feet now free, she got up, ran towards the chief and hit him in the face and then the stomach. As he tried to catch his breath, Emerson bent down and span her leg under him causing him to fall. Without giving him time to understand what was happening, she tied his foot to a chain that was lying around. He tried to defend and free himself but she kicked him in the stomach causing him to fall into the void with the thud of an ankle cracking.

"One down, two to go." she said running towards another

She jumped towards him, blocking his head between her thighs and turning her body until she found herself again on the ground, her enemy passed out under her.

"One more." she sighed

Lazy to fight, she grabbed a wrench that was in the shed and hit her assailant, who was already running towards her, on the head making him fall unconscious on the ground. She picked up the phone that was on the floor and saw that Peter was still online.

"Peter?" she asked

"Miss. Emerson?"

"Who are you and where's Peter?" she stopped walking, stressed

"My name is Tony Stark and Peter is here with me, could you come to the Avengers compound? I will send you the coordinates."

"Tony Stark... send me the details, I should be here in a day or less." she said, hunging up before he could respond

Walking out of the shed, she went to the small studio she had rented 2 weeks ago. She prepared her bag with the few things she had and went into the bathroom to change into a pair of beige cargo pants and a tee shirt too big for her, she added a cap and her black Doc Martens. She took the money that she hid in her bathroom and her bag, closed her windows, took her keys and left in direction of the airport. 

She bought the cheapest ticket to New York and luckily got on the plane only 10 minutes after buying it. She sat down and opened her computer. Few people got on the plane and when it took off, Emerson was the only one in her row. She first looked for a car she could rent when she arrived, not too expensive and not too visible. And after a time, when the plane turned off its lights and she was sure everyone was asleep, she began to do some research on Peter, Stark and the Avengers. She found a lot of things about everyone.

A-