₁₄. Yᴏᴜ Hᴀᴠᴇ Nᴏ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ

"Yes pa, I swear I'll protect him all my life!" she answered gently kissing his forehead

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh my God Scott, don't scare me like that," Emerson screamed "how come you are already up?"

"Already? It's 5 PM..." he replied

"What? Already? God, I didn't see the time goes by."

"What were you thinking about?" asked Scott as he sat down next to Emerson

"Memories of my childhood."

"I'm glad you remember them, mer, I'm really proud of you. You've come back from so far." said Scott with a happy-sad look on his face

"Thanks Scottie, I really missed you," she smiled sadly "I'm sorry I didn't visit you sooner."

"It's okay, you're here now."

"By the way, if you break Hope's heart, I'll kill you!" said Emerson changing the subject to something lighter

"Hey! What the hell," he chuckled "you're my best friend, remember?"

"Yeah, I don't really care." she joked

"Hope told me you wanted to help with the quantum realm?"

"Yeah, but I don't want to waste your time if I'm wrong..."

"Girl, you're the smartest person I know, I'm sure you're right."

"Mmh, not sure Hope is convinced."

"I'll take care of her, don't worry. Oh, and by the way, if you want, you can train with us."

"Scott. I really don't want to impose, I'm already squatting your house, I'm not also going to beat you up." she smiled.

"Ooooh, right, I see how it is.... Hope, Cassie and I aren't eating here tonight but we'll see you tomorrow at 6 for the fight. Right?"

Emerson chuckled before agreeing. And in a minute, she was on her own again. She went upstairs to shower and change into gray sweatpants, a white crop top and a cardigan. Then she sat up in bed and began working on her programs.

She worked on them until she heard Hope and the Lang return. It must have been an amazing night because Cassie was all excited when she walked into her room to get ready for bed. Emerson had turned off the light just before Scott walked past her room. She didn't really understand why she did this but she didn't feel like talking to either of them. Hearing no other sounds, she finished her work and turned off her laptop, ready to sleep.

She found herself again in this icy forest, wearing her Hydra's suit. When she looked back up, she was in an Italian restaurant. She saw herself and her parents talking around three half-eaten scoops of chocolate ice cream. She knew exactly where she was. What she didn't know is why she was here. She looked behind her when she saw her younger self looked at her, she couldn't possibly see her, right? Seeing nothing wrong, she looked back and saw the little girl standing up next to her.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me and I can't believe you lied to me" she whispered looking at her hands that was slowly becoming red

After what seems like an eternity, the little girl looked up to the table and Emerson followed her sight. Her parents were slightly grey and had both a bullet wound on their forehead and purple marks on their necks. They were dead but before this thought could actually reach Emerson mind, she was pulled away. She closed her eyes as she felt herself being torn apart.

When she opened her eyes again, she was in the Avenger's compound, still looking at herself. She knew what was about to happen so she waited for her brother to barge outside, shouting on her. But he never came. She didn't know why but she started searching for him and the first place was his bedroom. When she walked in, the decoration closely looked like her childhood home and Peter was lying face down the floor, in a pool of blood. His blood. She could read, written above his head, "You have no family" as she began to be pull away from the room, from the compound and from her body.