₁₅. Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ

"With the quantum realm."

Emerson couldn't believe what she heard. By the time, she thought that the opportunity was gone but apparently not.

"With... the quantum realm?" she asked incredulously

"Yes, I know it's been 2 weeks but we really would like a new point of view on the project," Hope started to explain "and Scott hasn't stopped talking about you for this."

Emerson glanced at Scott a half angry, half thankful look. She had precisely told Scott not to do this but anyways. 

"Um yes, yes of course! I'm in!" she finally answered "when do you want me to come?"

"You could after lunch? Hope, Cassie and I aren't eating here." intervened Scott

"Oh o-okay, yea of course," she stood up and started leaving "I'll see you later then."

She has gotten used to the three of them leaving her alone, almost once a day but every time she was just hurt... hurt because she felt excluded and she also felt bad for thinking something like that. She just wanted to be here for Cassie and Scott, and even Hope. She had grown on her during these 17 days here.

When she got to her room, she sat on her bed with her legs crossed under her and her computer on her lap. Knowing that this program will be used, she started working on the quantum realm program. 

She didn't see the time pass and she shot her head up when she heard a knock on her door. She looked at the time and saw that it was already 3 o'clock. She got up and opened the door to a smiling Scott. She took her laptop and followed him down the house to their lab. Compared to Tony's lab, this one was near as big, but half the room was occupied by a huge machine and the commands to order it, next to 2 or 3 computers. She was looking around her and didn't see the wires that were on the floor. She stumbled on them and almost fell, catching herself on a table.

"Told you she would trip, you own me 10$,"said Scott laughing next to a man in his sixties "thanks mer." 

"You put a bet on me? Why would you- You're Hank Pym!?"

"Yes, it's me," the man next to Scott chuckled before extending his hand "nice to meet you, Emerson."

"I didn't realize that you would be here," she said, trying to hide her big smile "I'm so happy right now." 

"Glad to hear it," Hank replied "ready to help us?"

"Yes! Yes." she answered walking toward the computers

She began to look at the links between the numerous wires and disconnected 4 of them before removing 2 and plugging in 3 others.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" intervened Hope, grabbing Emerson's arm

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I could do what I think could make it work... but I can stop and change everything back to the way it was, right now." she answered, a false innocent look on her face

"No, it's okay mer, do what you have to do." cut Scott before Hope could said anything else

"Thanks, scottie."

When she had unplugged 2 other wires, she connected her own laptop to the machine. It took only 2 minutes before she could control in every way possible the quantum realm mechanism. She starts typing on her computer at a very high speed. She could sense and hear that everyone was watching her carefully but after a few more seconds, she just blurred out everyone. 

She caught the arm of the person who just touched her and yanked it behind their back.

"Sorry, sorry it's me." said Scott