₁₀. Bᴜɴɴʏ

She didn't have the energy to fight back as she watched the icy blue eyes she loved so much pierce her.

She woke up again at 3 am because of the same nightmare. And once again, she went to work out in the gym of her hotel. This time Loki didn't appear and Emerson started to think about Loki without realizing it, she had a really good time before the truth came out. 

Around 8:00 am, she gathered her things and went back to her room. The door of her room was slightly open so she instinctively took her gun in both hands and held it in front of her, ready for anything. She carefully pushed the door open and entered, her room was completely upside down. Her couch had been ripped open and her bed turned over. She was really hoping that her attackers had not found what they were looking for.

It suddenly occurred to her that she had a notebook that belonged to Hydra that she had taken while escaping, for her own safety. She then ran to a spot in her room where she had managed to lift a small board off the floor, the notebook was still in its place, gathering dust. She took a deep breath, releasing the pressure and went to shower. She put on a beige strapless crop top with wide-leg pants of the same color and added a blue button up, accessories, her watch and black Doc Martens. 

She then began to clean her room. Soon after, she received a phone call from Peter asking where she was: it was already 12 o'clock and she had forgotten her little brother. She rushed to get her purse and got into her car, heading to Peter's college. Fifteen minutes later, she and Peter were heading to an Italian restaurant that Emerson knew all too well: it was where her parents had told her she was going to be a big sister. She hadn't understood it at first, but had been more than excited afterwards. They quickly settled down and started talking right away.

"So how did you become Spiderman?" asked Emerson out of curiosity

"I got bitten by a genetically modified spider but I had some problems after the beginning of "Spiderman", " he explained "so I built some kind of little projectiles that I have on my wrists that throw the same web I could before."

"That's so cool, and you made them yourself?"

"Yeah, I didn't have many people back then except for Ned and MJ and they don't know I'm Spiderman... but now my suits are made by Mr. Stark."

"Wait, you're still friends with Ned!? That's crazy, I remember when he would come over to the house and you guys would spend hours sitting face to face talking to each other when you didn't even know how to talk." 

They talked without stopping for hours (except to eat), they had so much to talk about and they were so happy to have found each other that they didn't want to waste a single second.

"Peter, I have to tell you something." announced Emerson at the end of the meal

"Yes, what is it? Are you okay?" he asked, noticing the change of tone

"You know yesterday when I said I'd done a lot of missions and killed a lot of people?" she paused, looking at Peter to see if he understood what she was getting at "Well, I- "

She was cut off by Peter's phone ringing, he looked quickly to see who it was and seeing that it was Tony, he excused himself and picked up

"Yes, Mr. Stark?" he inquired

"We have a mission, come as soon as possible to the compound."

"But I'm with Emerson." he pleaded

"Perfect, take her with you. We could use the extra help."

"Okay," he replied, hanging up "I need you to drive me to the compound, like right now!"

"Alright, let's go." Emerson replied as she put the money on the table and headed to her car, Peter on her heels.