₁₉. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴏʀ Hɪᴍ

As she was leaving, she saw Bucky and the agent kissing, hidden behind a column. 

She got into her car and drove away. Half an hour later, she could be seen entering a ruined building. She parked her car and went to her apartment. It was almost 4am when she finally dropped her bags in her room. She collapsed on her bed and let out another tear, which she wiped away, exasperated with herself. She took off her shoes and crawled under her covers, closing her eyes. 

She was awakened by the sun rising through her open window. It took her a minute to remember where she was and why. When she finally remembered, she got out of bed with a sigh to change into something more comfortable, before sitting in her kitchen, a bowl of fruit and her laptop in front of her. She worked for two hours before deciding to go for a run.

MEANWHILE, AT THE COMPOUND

Everyone started waking up and filling the kitchen, whispering because of the huge hangover they all had (except Bucky and Steve, but you knew that). Mj had left at 8, an hour ago, leaving Peter with no memory of last night. He felt he had done something wrong, but he didn't know what. He was in his head, eating his cereal, when Tony walked in. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at him, knowing he was about to speak.

"Good morning, everyone," he began "before I say anything, do you have any questions about last night? Or in general?"

"I do," said Wanda "where's mer?"

It was then that Peter remembered what he had said at the party "Shit..."

"That's why I'm here actually," he replied, taking a deep breath "she left, right after you all went to bed."

"What?"

"Oh, my God!"

"This is my fault."

"Where is she now?"

"Why didn't she tell us?"

"Guys! I don't know exactly where she went and she didn't want to tell you because she knew you were going to try to convince her to stay...," he replied "and yes, Peter, what you said is the main reason why she left but I think it's for the best."

"How can you say that? I was completely drunk yesterday, I didn't know what I was saying!" replied Peter

" 'You can't lie when you're drunk', that's what she said," Tony explained "and it's better because if it's the truth, you can get over it and when you see her again, everything will be... okay."

"How do you know I'll ever see her again? She'll never want to see me again, and I can't even blame her..."

"Because despite everything, she loves you so much, Pete."

"I have to find her!" he said, getting up and heading for the door

"No, you have to let her go!" Tony replied blocking him "she'll come back to you, I promise. I don't know when, but she will."

Peter looked Tony in the eye and collapsed into his arms, crying.

"I don't know why I keep hurting her, Tony," he whispered "I don't know why..."

"It's okay, kid, it's okay."

When Peter pulled away, he went straight to his room, leaving the rest of the Avengers.

"Is she going to ignore us, too?" asked Nat

"I really don't know guys," he sighed "that's up to her. She has your numbers, she'll text or call if she wants to see you."