₆. Mᴏʀᴛᴀʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Mᴇ

After leaving the compound, Emerson went looking for a hotel to sleep in while waiting to rent an apartment. She found one close enough to the Avengers in case they needed her again. Once she had showered and gotten into bed, she began to think. She wondered why everything bad always happened to her. She just wanted a normal life, away from all the problems she had, both physically and mentally. She managed to fall asleep but woke up around 3 a.m. after having a nightmare.

"James" she yelled "I'm here to save you."

He didn't seem to hear her, or maybe he didn't want to. He started running towards her, a knife in each hand. She didn't want to fight him, but she had no choice. She was ready. When James was close enough, she readied her power and a purple ball of energy quickly appeared from her hand. She was going to do it the moment he touched her, at the last moment. But she didn't get the chance because Peter jumped between her and James, taking the knives in his heart and stomach. She couldn't believe it. Another member of her family was dead because of her. She had to do something. She first propelled James as far away from them as possible, then tried to heal Peter with her power. It didn't work. Her power wasn't working. The only thing she could think of was her little brother who had sacrificed himself for her. And that she couldn't do the same. When she saw Peter closing his eyes, she began to scream as she released a wave of power. When she looked up, she heard her parents and brother say that it was all her fault, that she didn't deserve to live, that she would be the end of everyone she knew and loved. Then they disappeared to let James come in and finish his work. She didn't have the energy to fight back as she watched the icy blue eyes she loved so much pierce her heart.

She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep again so she did what make the most sense to her: train. She went to the gym in the hotel and started by hitting a punching bag. She was not afraid that someone would suddenly enter the room, it was 3 o'clock in the morning, everyone was sleeping, right? She let all her feelings pour out at the same time as she was hitting that bag. After an hour, she felt someone watching her. She turned and saw Loki, leaning against a wall, staring at her.

"What are you doing here, Loki?" she asked, beginning to remove the blindfolds from her hands

"I came to see you in your room but you weren't there so I looked for you and I found you." he answered simply

"How long have you been watching me?"

"Hum a little over 10 minutes maybe."

"What do you want? I thought you didn't want to be friends with mortals like me."

"I don't but you're special."

"What the fuck do you mean? I am far from special." she said

"And that's what makes you special, in my eyes." he replied

"So what? You want to be best friends? After the way you treated me yesterday?"

"No, not best friends, but let's go back to the beginning?" he offered, holding out his hand "Loki Laufeyson, god of Mischief, nice to meet you."

She thought about it as she went from his face to his hand and from his hand to his face, she huffed and squeezed his hand.

"Emerson Parker, nice to meet you too." she replied with a small smile

"Great. Do you need someone to train with?" he asked

"I wasn't planning on it, but now that you're here, why not?"

Emerson watched as Loki took off his shirt and shoes but quickly came back to reality when he asked if she had a rubber band to lend him. She gave him one and climbed onto the mat, waiting for him to arrive.

"If you want, I can hold my shots at the beginning." he offered her

"No, don't worry, but don't use your magic." she ordered

"Yes ma'am."

They started to fight, Loki attacking first with a blow that was supposed to hit the stomach but that Emerson avoided easily.

"Really?" she asked "Didn't you watch me during the mission?

He clenched his jaw and tried again, this time aiming for her face. She avoided it and saw a window of opportunity to hit him in the ribs, taking his breath away. She continued to crouch and spin around, hitting him in the legs and knocking him down. She stood up to look down on him, her fists in attack position.

"I thought you were supposed to hold back your punches not not touch me." she teased

"I'm going to kill you." he replied standing up

"I'm waiting for it."

They trained together for almost 2 hours when Emerson's phone rang, she picked it up and answered.

"Yes? Who is this?" she asked

"It's me, P-Peter. We found something on the mission yesterday, you should come." he stuttered

"...okay I'm coming." she added before looking at Loki who was lying on the floor "by accident, you don't know why the Avengers want to see me at 6 in the morning?"

"What? No, I don't know, why would I?" he lied

"For God's sake, and I thought for a moment that- I thought that you- that you really wanted to be my friend. How stupid of me, I can't believe I fell for this," she scoffed "so you came here for what? And don't you dare lie to me Laufeyson!"

"I needed to make sure that you wouldn't leave town," he whispered "I'm sorry Emerson."

"Oh, don't bullshit me." she exclaimed taking her things and leaving to her room

She quickly changed into a black skinny jean and a cream overside sweet shirt. She put her Doc Martens, took the key of her car and start walking toward the parking.

"What do you want, Laufeyson?" she asked exasperated

"I'm sorry okay, but I really liked the time we spent together. It was great to have someone to speak to." he pleaded

"Talk to your brother and leave me alone." she said as she got into her car and slammed the door in Loki's face.

She was hurt because for her too, she had had a good time. A time she hadn't had with anyone in two years. She had been alone and the only interaction she had had was while missions, with waiters or with drivers. Nothing more than pure courtesy. But with Loki, she had felt good, maybe he had used his magic on her. She just didn't want to think about it, didn't want to think about her new friend that she had already lost. She arrived at the complex just then, ready to solve any other problem. She was greeted by Tony.

"Hi mer, how are you?" he asked her gently

"Was it your idea to send Loki to my hotel?"

"Loki? No, not at all, but it's true that I haven't seen him yet this morning, even though he's one of the only ones awake at the same time as me."

"Why am I here, Tony?"

"During the mission, I took the liberty of taking anything that might be important to destroy Hydra and I asked for help to read all the files. I didn't think they would find yours. So, they have questions... and most of them aren't very happy."

"Shit !"she exclaims as she pushes open the conference room door

--------------------

A/N: hiyaaa guys, what do you think? Ready for some truth? Sorry for the delay, didn't have the courage and the inspiration to write, I'm going to try my best :)

By the way, could you please give me a feedback, I feel like what I do is shit... (sorry Steve for the language)

A-