₈. I Dɪᴅɴ·ᴛ I Cᴏᴜʟᴅɴ·ᴛ

They were on their way to Aunt May's house, the silence had fallen since they left. Peter was looking out the window, Emerson was focused on the road but glanced at Peter from time to time. She could see that he had things to say to her, she sensed it but above all she couldn't block Peter's thoughts.

" All right Pete, talk to me. I can see that you need to." she decided to say

"I don't need it. I-I just don't understand why Mom and Dad would do something like this." he finally replied

"I don't know either," she sighed "but I'm glad it was me and not you."

He suddenly turned his head towards her, looking at her with big eyes.

"What, what is it?" she asked "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Sorry, it's j-just that even when we were kids, you always put me first. You were always there for me. And the one time you needed me, I wasn't there."

"You were two years old Peter, I don't blame you."

"I do. I even treated you like shit yesterday and yet here you are sitting next to me like nothing happened! I don't understand why, I don't deserve it. I don't deserve you!" he shouted

"I'm stopping you right now Peter Benjamin Parker! Whether I forgive you or not has nothing to do with you. You're my little brother and I've already lost enough years away from you to lose any more over such stupid things," she sighed and continued "you know...you were the one person I never truly forgot. You were always with me. And the few memories I had of us were what helped me remember everything when I escaped HYDRA. So maybe you think you didn't do anything, but in truth you did everything."

She looked at him, her eyes teary. He was in disbelief about everything his older sister had just told him.

"Here we are," she smiled "let's go see aunt May."

She was going to see her aunt again, after 15 years. Obviously, Emerson has changed since then but she feared that May has still on mind the little 7 years old girl she knew. Peter took her hand and lead her to the appartement. He had a key but he preferred to knock, to let Emerson prepared herself. Not long after, the door open and aunt May appeared. When she saw Emerson, she almost jumped in her arms, crying.

"Oh my god, Emerson," she sobbed "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too May," she whispered "I missed you so much." 

"Come on in, the lunch will be ready in 5."

"You need help?" she asked while closing the door

"No, I need you to tell me what happened."

"I can tell you while we eat if you want. I just need to check something with Pete really quick. I'll be back."

"Second door on the left."

"Yup I remember." she replied

She didn't even bother to knock and rushed in his room.

"I need to know if May knows that you're Spiderman. I don't want to do a mistake." she asked

"She knows." he replied

"She knows? Why? It's dangerous for her. You have tons of enemies everywhere, she could get kill!"

"I know alright, I didn't want her to know but she caught me with my suit after a mission. I couldn't just denied it."

"Okay... Come on let's go eat"

They had a very pleasant lunch, free from all the problems of life.

Emerson kept talking, which amused May and annoyed Peter a little bit. Despite this, they were happy to be together again. Emerson, on the other hand, knew she had to tell Peter the truth. She knew that if he found out from someone else, she could lose him forever. But she couldn't say those four words, she was stuck. When her memory came back, the good and bad things also came back, all the face of the people she had killed came back. Every night she could see them begging her to spare them and every time she killed them in cold blood. She was horrified by it, she was horrified of herself.