₅. Rᴀɴ Aᴡᴀʏ

On the way down she had to fight off some agents, some of them recognized her and she felt like killing them, but she fought the feeling back, just knocking most of them out.

She quickly found herself in front of the cell, she opened the door and stopped dead in her tracks. She hadn't expected this.

"James?" she whispered "I have eyes on the price." she continued into her earpiece

The prisoner looked up at the word price, he was sure that this woman, standing in front of him, was here to torture him for his failure on the last mission. He had thought a lot about it, he had a feeling of abnormality and he did not intend to fight it, on the contrary. He stood up and walked straight towards her, ready to fight her.

"I don't think so." he whispered back

Emerson was caught off guard when she received a blow to the stomach.

"What are you doing? I'm trying to sav-" she was cut off by another blow

She wasn't going to let that happen and returned the blow to her opponent. Taken by surprise by her strength, Emerson was able to regain control of the fight. One blow to the stomach, two to the head, and one to the legs. That was the dance that was going on. Emerson anticipated his opponent's every move and countered them as easily as saying hi. He had enough and managed to get his hands on a knife. He didn't hesitate and stabbed her in her stomach.

"Son of a bitch." she blurted out

She couldn't take it anymore, so she used her powers and knocked him out. Meanwhile, Wanda and Nat were done with the second floor and they and the others were already back in the Quinjet.

"Are you okay in there?" finally asked Sam

"Yeah, but I had to knock that asshole out." she replied

"Language and do you need help?" asked Steve

"No, I'll be fine. However, I do want you to get as close to me as possible."

"We're coming." said Tony

She had done her best to try to carry him out but with the knife still in her stomach, she couldn't, so she dragged by the hand to the Quinjet. She set him against the wall of the jet before sitting down.

"Bucky?!" exclaimed Steve

"You know this asshole?" replied Emerson, a bit shocked

"First of all, can you stop swearing and second of all yes, I do know him, he was my best friend in the 40's."

"And third, OH MY GOD EMERSON, YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN YOUR STOMACH." shouted Peter

"Oh, like you care" she replied as she removed it "God, that shit hurts." she whispered

"I'll help you go to Bruce when we get there, Emerson." offered Nat

"Thanks Nat, but please call me mer" she sighted

Without realizing it, she closed her eyes and was awakened, 30 minutes later by Nat when the jet arrived. She got in the lab and Bruce started working on her. He did stiches on her and put a bandage.

"Don't do anything that is too much." he specified

"Yes doc."

She went to find the Avengers and they were all in the living room, resting.

"I hope he was worth it, sincerely, because I'm going to hate him for this." she said

"Yes, he really is, thank you Emerson." Steve replied