₃. Bᴀᴄᴋ Tᴏ Tʜᴇ Mɪssɪᴏɴ

"Hello everyone, this is your pilot, we arrive in New York 10 minutes early. It is currently 68°F (20°C) outside and it's 5 a.m. local time. I wish you happy holidays here, in New York."

Emerson shot her head up and started packing her things, she didn't see the time pass. An hour later, she stood outside of the airport waiting for her car to come. She looked at her watch, the only memory of her past. When she looked back up, she saw her car coming at her. She thanked the driver and took place at his place after putting her bag on the passenger seat. She learnt, in the plane, how to go to the compound so she found herself in front of the door 30 minutes later. She was raising her hand to open the door when a voice greeted her.

"Hello miss Emerson, I'm JARVIS, Tony Stark AI. He is waiting for you in the living room. Pepper Potts will accompany you. "

The door opened before Emerson could said anything and as told she was welcomed by a beautiful tall blond woman, her dark blue eyes analyzing her. She was herself quite tall, 5'9 to be exact. Her eyes were a light brown like her hair. It was cut in a way that it reached just above the shoulder but was currently tied in a bun with a few loose strands. She was tanned all year round and her body and face were scattered with freckles.

"My name is Emerson," she said holding out her hand "but I guess you already knew that."

"Pepper Potts." she answered, shaking her hand "Yea sorry about that but thanks for coming so quickly. You seem to care a lot about Peter."

"Yes, I do." she sighted

Soon enough the two were standing in front of a door.

"Here's my stop. Tony and others should be inside...if not I'll ask JARVIS to call them." she explained

"Thanks, miss Potts." she nodded and smiled goodbye while opening the door

She had prepared herself for some luxury living room but she was clearly not ready for what she saw. The back wall was only glass, showing the forest that protected the compound. The black tiled floor matched the furniture in the room including the comfortable gray chairs and the coffee table which was dark wood. On the right side was a dark marble bar in front of a shelf filled with bottles of alcohol. Behind this bar, was the famous and genius Tony Stark who was already watching her carefully.

"I don't bite but I want to see Peter." she declared after looking him up and down as he walked towards her

"He's coming." he answered

Without any embarrassment and with a glass in his hand despite that it was only 6:40 in the morning, he turned around Emerson carrying on his inspection.

"What's your relation with Parker?" he finally asked while sipping in his glass

"If he hasn't already told you, it's surely for a reason." she replied a little bit hurt that Peter didn't tell them

"If I swear on my parents grave that I won't say anything, would you tell me?"

She thought about it for a moment and leaned toward his ear to whisper the answer. When she looked back at Tony, she found a surprise look on his face... more like a shock one.

"Can I sit?"

"Yes, yes of course, feels at home." he finally said leading her towards a chair

"Sir, Peter Parker and the other Avengers are coming." JARVIS declared

At the same moment, Steve Rogers opened the door and entered, followed by the Avengers. All the Avengers. Peter came in the last and Emerson run to him, hugging him tightly. He awkwardly tapped her back and quickly pushed her away.