₂₄. Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ Aɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀsᴛ

After a fun and decompressing day with the boys, Loki, Sam, and Emerson headed back to the compound, stopping by a store on the way to buy some (lots of) goodies. When they got to the living room, the guys went into the kitchen to prepare what they had bought while Emerson sat on the couch across from Bucky and Sharon who were literally eating each other's mouths.

"God, that's disgusting," she grimaced "get a room for God's sake!"

"What? Are you jealous?" asked Sharon with a smirk

"Don't play that game with me, love," Emerson replied as she stood up and looked down on the blonde agent "you'll lose easily, and you know it." she winked at them before leaving to join the boys

"What was that all about?" asked Bucky, after she walked out

"Nothing baby," she heard as a reply "nothing at all."

After a while, they came out of the kitchen with plates in their hands, and while Sam, Loki and Peter, who had joined them, went down to the movie theater, Emerson came back into the living room also with a plate in her hands. All the Avengers were sitting around talking along with MJ. Emerson greeted her and approached a couch against which she placed her plate.

"... and Sharon is still here, great." she murmured after looking around the room

"Yeah, and she's going to watch the movie with us." said Bucky

"Great...," she replied in a sarcastic tone "well, what are we watching?"

"I think Thor and Sam wanted to watch a Disney movie." Nat replied, walking over to her to wipe some flour off her cheek

"Thanks love," she whispered before speaking up again "well great then, shall we go downstairs?"

"Hell yea!" shouted Thor running towards the stairs

They could hear a heavy thump a few seconds later followed by an "I'm fine" from the man himself.

Emerson chuckled and called for the elevator, she was quickly joined by the rest of the crew and a few minutes later everyone was seated in front of the Beauty and the Beast as requested by the two little girls known as the Falcon and the God of Thunder.

At the end of the movie, Emerson offered to clean everything up while the other could go to bed as it was well past midnight. She started by taking the various cups and plates to pile them up when she heard giggling. When she looked back, she saw Bucky kissing Sharon's neck, the source of the giggles. Emerson wanted to tell Bucky everything she knew, right here, right now, but she restrained herself and turned away.

"Good night, baby." said Sharon, giving Bucky a long kiss

"Good night my love," Bucky said in return "I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Yes of course, baby."

Emerson turned around to pick up the bottles that were on the floor and, much to her displeasure, had to witness the most cheesiest goodbye ever (and not in a good way). She bent down to pick up something else that was on the floor, rolling her eyes, and when she stood up, she saw Bucky's eyes staring at her.

"What?" she asked, annoyed

"Why are you like that?" he asked her

"Oh, not that again...," she sighed, exasperated "like what this time?"

"Like you hate Sharon!"

"Oh that?" she fake laughed "let me think about it... huh because I do!"

"Why!?" he half shouted, half whispered, stopping her from leaving by grabbing her wrist