₂₂. A Hᴇʟʟ Oғ A Fɪɢʜᴛ

She took her heels in her hand and went up to her room.

When Emerson was about to close her door, she heard another door open. She looked out and saw Bucky carefully closing his door. He turned around, met her gaze and walked toward her. He was about 20 centimeters away from her and looking down. He cleared his throat and looked up.

"Yes?" asked Emerson

"Um... could we," he stammered "could we never talk about what I said when you were... you know...?"

She narrowed her eyes, thinking, "sure, I don't see why not."

Bucky let out the breath he was holding involuntarily and turned to leave. He stopped, his hand on his doorknob and without facing her said "thank you" before finally opening and closing his door. 

She woke up the next morning with her usual nightmare and decided to train since it had been a while. She put on her gym clothes and tied her hair in a messy ponytail. She went to the gym and started straight away by hitting the punching bag. She had music blasting in her ears and had forget to wrapped her hands. An hour later, she stopped and looked at her bleeding knuckles, sighed with a slight shake of her head and walked over to the laptop in the room to load her program.

She had been working on it for a while before her coma and had finished it before as well, which meant she had never been able to test it. She first chose, a medium level to try, and got into position. She closed her eyes to take a deep breath before starting to fight the program. What she had created allowed the pre-chosen person to fight against enemies created by the program itself. The 'bad' people were programmed to fight according to a developed algorithm written by Emerson and tuned to the chosen level.

After half an hour of fighting against such clones, she stopped, proud that her program was working. She walked over to her bottle and drank while looking around, the room was untouched as if she hadn't fought an entire army. She then looked at the clock on the wall and seeing that it was only 5:30, she returned to the punching bag, her favorite part of the gym. After a moment, she heard the door open and without turning around, she greeted Steve.

"Oh sorry, I didn't think anyone would be here so early." he said, ready to leave

"That's okay, I was done anyway." she replied as she headed to the bench

As she sat down, she watched as Steve walked over to the same punching bag she had been on, and with the first blow he threw, the bag ripped open, letting the sand that filled it fall to the ground. Steve looked up at Emerson, a smirk on his face and his hands still in position to punch.

"Oops." she said with a shrug and a smirk

Steve laughed a little and walked over to the ring in the middle of the room. He leaned on the ropes facing Emerson and stared at her for a moment, herself staring at him back, playfully. After a minute, Steve finally spoke up.

"Come fight with me." he demanded

"What if I don't want to?" she retorted

"What? You're afraid you'll lose?"

"Oh no, I just don't want to mess up your pretty face, golden boy." she smirked

"Oh really?" he grinned

Emerson stood up and walked towards him. She walked over to him without breaking eye contact.

"I don't want to hurt you, baby." she said, making a fake pout

"I wouldn't stress about it if I were you."

"Fine," she sighed, rolling her eyes playfully "give me your worst!"