₄. Cʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ Bᴇsᴛ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ

"What do you mean by you're an upgrade version of me??" Wanda pressed her

"I mean that I also have powers."

"How??"

"I really want to tell you but you're still a stranger to me, I can't tell you that yet."

"Okay, I can understand that... If you're an upgrade version of me, what are your power then?"

"I don't use them often but I have telekinesis, energy manipulation, some form of neuroelectric interfacing that allows me to read minds, I can control fire and built force field, I can fly and heal people. And voilà !"

"That's...a lot," she replied a bit shock "other things I should know and that you're willing to share?"

"Hum, I have difficulties when I create force shields and... hum no, nothing."

"Why aren't you saying it?"

"It's a bit more complicated to explain and I don't want to get into this."

"And what if I don't ask any questions?"

"You'll have some but I won't answer, just to warn."

"Okay say it."

"I'm also a fully trained assassin and I can talk a lot of languages."

"What!?"

Emerson and Wanda quickly stood up from the bed to look at Natasha on the doorway.

"You weren't supposed to hear that Nat." explained Wanda

"But I did."

"Please don't say it to anyone." begged Emerson

"... at one condition."

"Whatever you want."

"What's your real relationship with Peter?"

Emerson was ready for everything but not for that. She didn't have time to think about it yet. She was hurt by his words but she has tried not to show it to everyone, only Tony knew.

"What are you talking about? He told you, I'm his childhood best friend." she replied

"Look I'm an international spy, okay? I know when someone's lying, you're really hard to crack but I know that right now you are lying. This is the deal: you answer or I'll tell everyone."

Wanda was looking at the discussion between the two with a face of surprise. For her, Emerson was Peter's childhood best friend. She couldn't understand why Peter would have lied.

"I'm his big sister..." she finally sighted

"WHAT?!"

"Shut it! Both of you," Emerson said closing the door that had stayed open after Nat entrance "and I know you must have a lot of questions, but I won't answer any. I have a mission to prepare and I need some rest." she said walking towards the table where Nat had put the file and opened it.

"We'll go." said Wanda, dragging Nat with her

"Good idea, see you tomorrow." she answered, focused on the file

At 6a.m, she was already up and dressed. She wore the same outfit as yesterday except that she had put on a tight tee-shirt so as not to be disturb during the mission. She was trying to find her way to the kitchen when she bumped into Loki.

"Watch out mortal." he said, pissed off

"Geez, sorry. But could you show me the kitchen please?"

He looked at her up and down and started walking back to where he came from. Emerson followed him.