₂₇. Yᴏᴜʀ Hᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss

Bucky Barnes POV (of the party)

I've been at the party for almost 45 minutes, and Emerson was nowhere to be seen. I didn't know what had gotten into me about her, but she was all I could think about for those 5 days. I forgot about Sharon like she never existed, I guess that was good in a way. But still, and I could feel that there was also something going on with Emerson.

I was talking to Steve and Vision, when they stopped to look at the entrance. The 4 girls walked in, and I knew their effect was working because I could see Emerson's smirk: they were fashionably late. I heard Emily say that as they were getting ready.

They walked over to the bar and I looked Emerson up and down. She was wearing a black dress that showed off her curves to perfection, and has a slit up the left leg. Her shoulders were uncovered and her corset, which was see-through around her belly was hung with gold straps. I watched her laugh with the girls and saw Nat say something to her that made her look behind her. She met my eyes and with a small smile looked back at the bar. She wasn't wearing any makeup but her lips, my god her lips! They were a transparent pink and so tempting. I was still looking at her, completely ignoring my friends, when I saw her... blushing?

Why was she blushing?

Soon after, Nat, Wanda and her other friend left her and she left the bar with a drink in her hand. I looked back at my friends to see them leaving with their girl around their arm. I sighed and headed to where Emerson went. I leaned on the railing and watched her.

"Left alone?" I asked her to start the conversation

She looked me up and down and I couldn't stop the smirk from forming on my face.

"Yeah," she chuckled lightly, shaking her head. That was the best sound I'd ever heard "I guess." she added

She looked around the room again and we remained in a comfortable silence until Loki started yelling for her.

"Well, I have to go," she told me with an awkward smile "see you later, Barnes."

I didn't like when she called me Barnes, I know that it's my name but 'Bucky' sounded so much better coming out of her mouth.

I didn't know why I did it, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. She hit my chest harder than I intended and as she looked up at me, she left her hands on my chest. Leaving my skin on fire, she pulled back.

"What was that?" she asked, looking confused and slightly angry

"I... uh...," I stammered, not knowing what to say "nothing, sorry." I finally said, running my hand through my hair and looking at the floor

She whispered an "okay" and walked away. I saw her being hugged by Loki, and I had this feeling in my stomach where it tightened up and I slightly wanted to punch Loki in the face... I didn't even know why, but I wanted to be the person in her arms. Me and nobody else. She used her power to grab Loki as he ran away from her and everyone looked at her in a mixture of fear and admiration. She smiled awkwardly and left.

Gradually, all the guests left and only the Avengers, MJ and the girl I learned was named Emily, stayed. As Sam is known to do, he offered a truth or dare and everyone said yes, so I also had to do say yes. We had already gone a few rounds when Emerson came back. Gosh, she was beautiful.

"What are you doing?" she asked no one in particular

"We're playing Truth or Dare," Sam replied "wanna to join us?"

"Sure," she replied as she sat down between Sam and Emily, why not next to me? Oh right, we were supposed to hate each other "whose turn is it?"

I completely zoned out during the rounds. Lost in thought, I was snapped back when Nat asked me the question and after answering with dare, she looked around the couches we were sitting on.