₁₈. Yᴏᴜʀ Tᴜʀɴ

It was already mid September and it had been a week since Emerson last saw Bucky. He was never in the compound. Well, of course she would catch glimpses of him, at the end of a hallway or before entering the kitchen, but never for more than 30 seconds. 

Her routine was always the same, she still had her nightmares every night, woke up to run and then train, mostly alone but sometimes she would be joined by some others and spare with them before the breakfast, that was often with most of the Avengers. After that she would eventually spend the day in her room, working on different programs on her laptop, going out to eat or she would just hang out with the Avengers (well, except Bucky, but you get the idea).

It was around 11am when she decided to cook lunch for the team. She went into the kitchen and started looking up recipes on her laptop. About 15 minutes later and after having taken out all the necessary ingredients, Peter walked in.

"What are you doing, mer?" he asked as he jumped up and sat down on the center block where most of the food was

"Get your ass down from there," she said as she looked at him and pointed to what he was sitting on "and I'm making lunch for the team. You wanna help?"

"Ooh yeah, like a little bro-sis time," he said as he jumped to the ground, smiling "but I should warn you, I'm bad at cooking, like really really bad..."

"A little bro-sis time it is then," she replied smiling as well "that's okay, just get the sauce and mix it up."

"Ok, yes, I can do that." he replied walking over to the hot plate and grabbing a whisk

"Yeah, no Peter, not with that," she intercepted him, holding back a laugh "take a spatula."

"Yeah. Yeah, I knew that, I just wanted to make sure you that you were... looking at me?" he replied with a shrug at his obvious bad lie

Emerson laughed a little and got back to her dessert as they began to talk about anything and everything. After what must have been 20 minutes, Emerson smelled something burning and realized that Peter was no longer at his job but next to her, his back against the counter to facilitate the discussion they were having.

"Peter," she asked slowly, "tell me, if you're standing next to me..." she breathed in, trying to stay calm, "who the fuck is stirring the sauce!?"

"Oh fuck!!!" he said, realization hitting him

"FUCKING HELL PARKER, THE SAUCE!" Emerson yelled, taking the pot off the hot plate and putting it in the sink

"I TOTALLY FORGOT!"

"YES, I CAN SEE THAT," she said turning to him "THAT WAS THE EASIEST PART!"

"I'M SO SORRY!"

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU SCREW IT UP?"

"I DON'T KNOW, I'M SORRY!" he repeated as she suddenly looked at him playfully "WAIT, WHY ARE WE STILL YELLING?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" she replied before bursting into laughter

Soon Peter joined her and in the end, they couldn't breathe anymore.

"I won't let you near anything else," she said as she caught her breath "go set the table."

"Yes mommy." he replied with a roll of his eyes

Emerson smiled to herself as Peter left the kitchen, she quickly put a sauce back on and continued to prepare her lunch. At almost 1 p.m., Nat entered the kitchen with Wanda at her side.

"It smells delicious in here." Nat commented

"Yes, I could smell it from my room." Wanda added

"Thanks girls," Emerson replied "oh, can you go get everyone, please? It's ready."