₉. Sᴏᴜɴᴅ Lɪᴋᴇ A Pʟᴀɴ

"Thanks Tony." she shouted back

She goes to find Nat and Wanda to talk to them. Emerson finds them in the living room.

"There you are, we've been looking all over for you." exclaimed Wanda

"Well, not everywhere. Why were you looking for me?"

"As you know, Tony is having a party tonight and we wanted to go shopping." said Wanda

"Really? I mean yes, of course I'm up for it but I don't have much money and I wanted to save up for an apartment..."

"Don't worry about that, that's on Tony's credit card." Wanda grinned

"Then I have no more excuses," she joked, "let's go."

As they were leaving, Steve was looking for Bucky. He found him in the lab, looking at some files.

"What are you doing, Buck?" he asked

"I'm looking for something, I feel Emerson is hiding something.... I want to know what." he replied

"Maybe it's best to give her time to get our trust, don't you think?"

Bucky looked up at Steve, a serious face. He realized he wasn't going to be able to continue with him here.

"What did you want?"

"To talk, catch up on the last seventy years, you know."

"Good idea, let's go to my room. We'll be more comfortable."

He got up from his chair and led the way. He didn't remember everything he did with Steve, but he remembered that he was his best friend before the war and that he could trust him. Arriving in the room, they talked for an hour or two before the girl's topic came up.

"So why do you hate Emerson? I mean, she saved your life and you stabbed her." said Steve

"I know but I know her, I mean I knew her, I'm sure about that... And I can't find a memory where she was with me. It's giving me a bad feeling about her." he replied

"I think you should learn to know her, she seems like a great girl."

"Yea I don't think so. I'm going to stay on the hate."

"I like her, well I think I like her."

"Then you are the one who have to learn to know her." he smirked

Steve laugh and at the same moment, at the door, Nat and Wanda entered, the hands full of bags. They had just finished their shopping with Emerson and they were ready to get ready. Emerson went back to her hotel room to also prepare herself. She had found a long black dress, with a naked back which had a slit at the level of her leg that went up to the middle of her right thigh. She had also found red heels to match her lipstick. And in regard of the make-up, she had decided to do something natural around the eyes, as her hair that she had slightly waved.

When she finished her look, it was already 8pm. She hurried to get her keys and phone and went to her car. 30 minutes later, she arrived in front of the compound, she could hear people talking and music from outside. She entered and was immediately greeted by the girls. Wanda had chosen a red dress that reached her knee and beige heels while Nat had opted for a white jumpsuit with a rather plunging neckline but which highlighted her and some black heels. They were beautiful and Emerson did not wait to make them noticed while they moved towards the bar.

"You're gorgeous girls".

"Thank you mer, you're not bad either." smiled Wanda

"Have you been here long?" she asked