₃₂. Hᴀᴘᴘʏ Nᴇᴡ Yᴇᴀʀ

⚠ contain smut ++

----------

Finally, the day of the party arrived, Emerson went to the kitchen, early in the morning, and was greeted by Pepper who was making coffee.

"Oh, hi there, I didn't know you were back." she greeted with a smile

"Yeah, I missed being around, so here I am." Pepper smiled back

"How are you?"

"Honestly, I'm doing fine. I feel like Tony and I are in a more stable relationship, tonight is the New Year's party and there's no real threat around," she looked up at Emerson, handing her a cup of coffee "and you, how are you?"

"Good too, I'm looking forward to tonight. It's been a long week," she chuckled before continuing "can you keep a secret? I need to tell someone before I explode."

"Sure, what is it?"

Emerson moved closer to Pepper and lowered her voice after looking behind her shoulder to see if anyone was around, "Bucky and I are trying again, we're taking it slow but- it makes me so happy."

"Oh my gosh! This is awesome! Since when?"

"A week, I wanted to keep it a secret until tonight..."

"I'm really happy for you, Mer," she smiled, looking at her watch "well, I was happy to see you again, but I gotta go."

"Sure, see you tonight?"

" Of course." Pepper replied before leaving the kitchen, leaving Emerson alone in his thoughts

Arms passed around her waist and out of reflex, she grabbed them and twisted them, making the person behind her bend with his arm bent behind his back.

"IT'S ME! It's me!" shouted Bucky

Emerson released him instantly and brought her hands to her mouth, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay, lo-"

"Did I hear right?"

Bucky and Emerson both turned around to find Sam standing in the doorway with his mouth agape and his hands over his heart in mock shock, "Did I just hear Emerson Parker apologize to Bucky Barnes?"

Emerson glared at him, grabbed her coffee cup and flipped him off before walking around the bar to sit in the farthest chair, "Fuck you, Sam."

He chuckled and turned to Bucky, concern evident on his face, "What happened? Are you okay?" he asked as he walked towards him

Bucky massaged his shoulder and looked at Emerson who was smirking, looking at him and pulling up a chair, he replied, "I'm fine, just caught off guard."

"Okay..." Sam looks at Emerson before turning back to Bucky and lowering his voice, "You talked to her yet?"

He glanced at Emerson, before looking back at Sam, "Yeah, I did actually."

At this moment, Emerson snapped her head up, looking at the two men, waiting for the answer.

"And...?" asked Sam, like reading Emerson's mind

"Annnd she hasn't really decided yet, but she want to take things very slowly." he replied, emphasizing the "very"

Emerson rolled her eyes and left the kitchen. She heads to her room to change into a workout outfit and used this free time to think about the week that was coming to an end. She had spent almost every day with Bucky, getting to cherish him again, even though it was more the opposite where Bucky was getting to know her and love her again. 

Finishing her ponytail, she opened her door to find Bucky. She looked up at him to see him checking out her entire body. She cleared her throat and his eyes shot up to hers, before immediately dropping to her lips.