19 | Don't Do This

Warn·ing/ˈwôrniNG/nouncautionary advice

Warn·ing
/ˈwôrniNG/
noun
cautionary advice.

══════

   KENDRA STOOD STOICALLY, her eyes glued to the darkness outside the windows. I landed rather roughly, my usual grace slipping past me at that moment. She jumped at my arrival, quickly abandoning her post to help me.

   "Thank god you're okay," she hugged me, "Where are the boys?"

   "Long story." I shook out my arms and cracked my neck.

   "You're here now, and we could really use your help. Ray is patching up the hull to get Sara and Snart out. A safety protocol locked them in there and we can't get them out."

   Without a second thought, I nodded, "Call back Palmer."

   "On it."

   I blinked into the hull. The cold air wrapped around my body like a freezing blanket. In the corner, Sara and Snart huddled together. They shook, desperate for warmth. Sara's eyes squinted, "Xo?"

   "Come on, let's get you outta here."

   I bent down and they both placed their hands on my shoulders. Inhaling deeply, I jumped us to the bridge. I grabbed them blankets and told them to warm up. A few moments later, Ray and Kendra reappeared.

    "Glad you showed up when you did, I was running out of air and nearly frozen." Ray nervously chuckled as he joined us at the console.

   "Welcome to the club," Leonard declared, "Now can you please tell us what happened on the Acheron?"

   "We were jumped by time pirates. They overtook Captain Baxter and escaped containment. They threw us in the brig but Mick was let out. He wanted to strike up a deal with Valor, that's all I know."

   Speaking of Mr. Rory, I just received a message. It seems he escaped capture and is now returning to the WaveRider.

   Something in my gut warned me. Snart began to praise his partner, saying the pirates messed with the wrong guy. I had no doubt Rory could have best his way out of the situation, but I saw the resentment he held towards Rip. The anger and hatred.

    "Somethings off."

   "How do you figure?" Ray questioned as he removed his helmet.

   "I'm not sure." Skeptical eyes were on me. As I played the series of events out in my head and I tapped my fingers together in a rhythmic pattern.