10 | Fixing Problems

Con·se·quence/ˈkänsikwəns/nounplural noun: consequences1

Con·se·quence
/ˈkänsikwəns/
noun
plural noun: consequences
1. a result or effect of an action or condition.
"many have been laid off from work as a consequence of the administration's policies"

══════

[ Star City 2046 ]

  RIP HAILED THE WAVERIDER, telling Gideon to pull up their location. Flashing along with the screen, a red dot indicated where the team was— a warehouse not too far from the ship. Studying the outdated pictures, I did my best to visualize the exterior.

   Inhaling sharply, I blinked. Smoke covered me, slowly rolling over rubble around my feet. Once in the warehouse, I called out to the crew. Following the sound of Snart's sinister tone, I joined them. I frowned in confusion. Mick lied on the ground, unconscious.

"What happened to Sleeping Beauty?"

"A difference of opinions."

   With raised eyebrows, I lowered down beside him, "Noted."

I placed my hand on Mick's shoulder. Sharply, I folded my fingers towards my palm, beckoning Snart, "Shall we?"

   Leonard extended his arm and I gripped onto it. Glancing at Sara and Rip I told them I'd be back in a second. I was quick to return and grab hold of the remaining two. The increased usage of my powers allowed for swift travel. Slowly but surely, I was regaining my speed and agility. Muscle memory.

   My hold on Rip and Sara loosened after we appeared on the bridge. Stiff fingers wiggled themselves free of dreariness as I watched Sara distance herself from the group. Her slow steps carried her to the corner, her arms crossing over her chest in anger.

   "Bird?" I softly questioned out of concern. I could hear the boys approaching us from behind, the same weariness coming from them. "Everything okay?"

   "No," she rubbed the tip of her nose with the side of her knuckle, "All my friends and family are dead. Except for Oliver Queen, who happens to be dead inside and missing his left arm."

   "Sara, I have told you—" Rip interjected from the parlor.

   "That this is just a potential future... and that it's all gonna go back when we return to 2016– if we return."

   Rip gawked at her pessimism, which is rich coming from him. His head lolled to the side as she reminded him of Carter's fate and what came of him, "It's not like we have the safest line of work."

   "I'm with Sara. If she believes staying and helping is the best decision then it probably is."

   "Of course you do," Rip scoffed at me, "Neither of you truly understand the pitfall of changing the timeline."