3 | Bird-Man

Re·in·car·na·tion/ˌrēənkärˈnāSH(ə)n/nounthe rebirth of a soul in a new body

Re·in·car·na·tion
/ˌrēənkärˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
the rebirth of a soul in a new body.

══════

[Norway, 1975]

"AND WE'VE ARRIVED," Rip announced, "Gideon, if you wouldn't mind camouflaging us as an alpine meadow, perhaps?"

Unlatching the restraints across our chest, everyone awaited the Captain's orders. On my right, Rory mumbled incoherently. He had bent at the waist to rest his elbows on his knees.

"What are you complaining about now? It's not like we time jumped." I questioned while standing.

"I hate flying, especially in whatever this thing is."

"Hey London, where are we," I inquired, "It's still 1975."

"Indeed," Rip quickly stood, his mind laser-focused on something in the parlor, "October 1975 on the fjords of northern Norway."

"Sounds like a vacation," hummed Leonard.

Rip snickered, saying we could take a holiday as soon as the threat Savage posed was neutralized. His words muffled as he searched along his desk, eventually turning around with a ran journal in hand, Aldus's notebook Carter informed the group. We stood, gathering around the stairs into the office.

"He theorized that Savage might be here, and if he's right, and if we can capture Savage, then at least Professor Boardman didn't die in vain."

Kendra's head tilted to the side as she thought, briefly catching Carter's gaze, "Can't we just go back and save Aldus?"

"He was our son," reminded Carter.

"I'm sorry, we can't go back and change events in which we participated. Time would fold in on itself, creating a temporal vortex."

"I'm guessing that's not as cool as it sounds," I hummed.

My body leaned against the console, my elbow resting atop the surface. Ray nodded in confirmation, "Not as cool as it sounds, unfortunately."

"Forgetting physics for a second, shouldn't we figure out what Savage is doing in Norway?" Sara spoke, positioned opposite of me on the other end of the table.

Rip stepped down from the parlor, approaching Gideon. According to her, there's supposed to be a large meeting of terrorists and fringe groups all looking to buy illegal arms.