4 | 1629 Handley Avenue

Theft/THeft/nounthe action or crime of stealing

Theft
/THeft/
noun
the action or crime of stealing.

══════

  [Leipzig, Germany 1975]

AS THE WAVERIDER LANDED, Gideon quickly informed the Captain that his presence was needed in the Medbay. Kendra's vitals were spiking. Stein and Ray followed suit, leaving everyone to wait on the bridge.

   Talking amongst ourselves to wait out the guy's return. I hopped up to perch on the edge of the console. My feet dangled, listening to Sara and Snart as they talked. I ate the last bit of toast in my hand and dusted off the crumbs.

   After a few minutes of waited Rip walked through the bulkheads. He wrung his hands, his eyes looked at his feet as he walked. The Captain began to inform us of Kendra's condition, saying pieces of the dagger were en route to her heart.

   "Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Jax wondered as if it was an easy solution.

   Rip argued that the ship was from the same future and has not been successful in saving her thus far, so there was no point.

   "Besides, Kendra grew more unstable just by me teleporting her to the ship. She won't survive another jump."

   Rip gestures toward me, silently saying I was on the right track. Mick continued to pace, "To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, the girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan supposed to work, Rip?"

   "Obviously not, but the mission is simple."

   "You said that the first time we got on the damn tin can."

   "Thank you, Miss Luna, for your much-needed input," Rip quipped sarcastically, "But it is still simple. We stop Savage here in the past and we save the future."

   "Simple doesn't mean easy, Captain," Snart chirped from his sitting position on the floor.

   "I never said it was," remarked Rip. He continued, saying that the benefit of being a Time Master was the length and breadth of history itself, and how it gives perspective, "I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knight's fall. And even then I accomplished my mission no matter what."

   Rip gave us all a once over, a look of judgment in his eyes. I hopped off the console, turning to rest my elbows on the spot I was sitting. The blue light brought forth a holographic model of the ship as Rip walked towards it.

   "Gideon, what's our status?"

   When the WaveRider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable too—