25 | Outsiders and Outlaws

Sal·va·tion/salˈvāSH(ə)n/nounpreservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss

Sal·va·tion
/salˈvāSH(ə)n/
noun
preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss.

══════

[  Salvation, 1871 ]

   "AAH! IT'S BEEN QUITE a while since I time-jumped far enough to experience side effects. Fond memories."

The captain nearly left out of his seat, staring at his hands as they began trembling. From his seat across from me, Jax complained that he couldn't feel his face and Leonard began to display linguistic dysplasia. The captain claimed that all of the side effects should pass shortly.

"As always Miss Luna appears unaffected," Martin half complained.

"Careful Marty, wouldn't want you to sound too bitter."

I stood, the back of my hand bumping Mick on his chest, silently telling him to get up. He groggily woke up, asking us if we had time-jumped.

"Yeah we time-jumped," Sara grumbled and rubbed the back of her head, "But "where to?" Is the better question."

"The town of Salvation, the Dakota Territory, 1871." The Captain informed us.

"I can't believe it— the old west!" Ray exclaimed with a childlike wonder.

"This isn't going to work," Rory told negativity.

"It'll buy us time. We can hide out here while the Hunters search the other Fragmentations."

"And what if they decide to check this place first?" I could feel the rumble in his voice as he stepped closer to me.

"You know, feel free to loop us in whenever it's convenient." Kendra reminded the two jaded men that we weren't in the know like they were.

"As you've seen, time doesn't operate as it is generally thought. It wants to happen. It takes time to harden. The— the timeline is unclear on occasion, constantly in flux."

"Hence the difficulty in locating savage throughout history," Martin informed us.

"Indeed," Rip agreed, "And one of the other interesting notions of time travel is the existence of Fragmentations."

"Temporal blind spots," Mick spoke up, "specific places and times the Time Masters cannot see."

"The town of Salvation and its surrounding environs are located within one of these Fragmentations."