2 | Out of The Shadows

Time trav·el/ˈtīm ˌtravəl/nounthe action of traveling through time into the past or the future

Time trav·el
/ˈtīm ˌtravəl/
noun
the action of traveling through time into the past or the future.

══════

[Star City, 2016]

"HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN A LONG TIME."

"You and me both."

I shook my head as the smoke around us disappeared. Sara's fingers wiggled inside her ear, attempting to un-pop them. She yawned a few times, moving her jaw around until she regained hearing. Thanks to google maps I was able to find pictures of the location Captain Hunter has given us.

We had landed a few feet off from where I'd aimed originally. Not too bad. Around us like a maze, rows of storage containers lined half of the huge concrete slab. We jumped the chain-link fence and walked towards the meeting point. Already there were the Professor and Jefferson. Behind us were the rest of the group.

The lot was virtually empty. Nothing but leaves occupying the space.

"Professor," Snart greeted, "This is the place?" He spoke unamused.

"I think somebody had a little too much fun," I joked, gesturing to Jefferson passed out in the passenger seat.

"Threw himself a going-away party," snickered Mick.

"Yes, I believe he drank something that didn't quite agree with him." Stein agreed.

Leonard turned to eye the rest of the group, "You don't look too happy to be here."

"Perceptive," Kendra sarcastically noted.

"Well," Rip appeared, "I see you've all decided to come. Well then, we can be on our way."

"I ain't footing it anywhere," Retorted Snart, his nose scrunching in protest.

"A Time Master's sacred charge is to do no harm to the timeline," The Brit removed a device from his pockets, continuing to babble nonsense, "Can you imagine what a timeship would look like in, say, Victorian England?"

With the click of a button, the cloaking around the timeship in question dropped. Panels turned over and flickered dimly before it completely transformed, "Holographic indigenous camouflage projection," The Professor marveled.

"Indeed."

"Holy shit it's Star Wars." The words fell out of my mouth before I could even process them.

The hunk of metal revealed itself fully. White lettering was painted on the side reading 'WR-2055'. Dr. Palmer's grin stood out among the general slack-jawed expressions of the rest of the group.

"It's called the Waverider. It's been my ship for over a decade," Rip nostalgically introduced before looking over his shoulder with pride, "Shall we?"