9 | Mathmatics and Quantum Physics

Del·e·gate/ˈdeləˌɡāt/verbentrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself

Del·e·gate
/ˈdeləˌɡāt/
verb
entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself.

══════

THE SHIP SHOOK FURIOUSLY, the interior rattling. Alarms blared and whistled as another force slammed into the WaveRider. With a towel, I tried to dry my hair as I stumbled my way to the bridge.

   "What the hell, Rip? I was conditioning." I groaned in annoyance. A small trail of water was left in my wake, the robe around me developing a wet patch just below my shoulders.

   "I almost dropped my grapefruit. Is Mr. Rory piloting again?" The Professor questioned as he walked through the bulkheads.

   Another blast shook the ship and I clung onto the wall. Pipes hissed and controls began to spark. My nose scrunched when the smell of smoke wafted through the air. Rip started for the controls, telling Gideon to give him manual control.

   Soon enough the rest of the team joined us, everyone asking questions of their own. Rip shouted at us, telling us to strap ourselves in.

"We're in the Temporal Zone, I don't understand. No one should be able to—" before the Captain could finish his sentence, another boom echoed through the ship.

Blinking my way to a chair, I was quick to anchor myself down. The rest of the team struggled to do the same thing. Ray stumbles into the seat beside me, lowering the restraints. He hissed as we began to jostle, his bruises rubbing against the seatbelt.

A scan of the vessel suggests that it is the bounty hunter Chronos.

"Oh, man, this guy!" Jax hollered out.

Rip gained control, attempting to maneuver us out of sight.

He appears to be following us. Firing countermeasures.

Gideon melodically informed through the chaos. The ship hummed to life, twirling it out of the bounty hunter's line of sight. Momentarily.

"Have we lost him?" The Professor promptly asked heavily.

Yes, but not his missile. Our aft shield is gravely compromised.

Rip huffed an aggravated breath, frantically tying along the keypad to his left, "Initiating evasive maneuvers."

The ship took a hard right, everyone pressing roughly into their restraints. Unpleasant groans rang among us, myself attempting to keep my robe shut.