21 | Marooned

Ma·roon/məˈro͞on/verbleave (someone) trapped and isolated in an inaccessible place, especially an island

Ma·roon
/məˈro͞on/verb
leave (someone) trapped and isolated in an inaccessible place, especially an island.

══════

[ Harmony Falls, 1960 ]

CHRONOS HAD SABOTAGED the navigation system... and I was still strapped to the wall.

   Free falling through time strapped to a wall was something I never thought I'd experience, and yet, here we were. Normally time jumping didn't affect me, but this time it did. I'm pretty sure I passed out for a few seconds.

  The professor was unable to string a proper sentence together, Jax couldn't hear, and I couldn't see. Kind of ironic.

   "If I don't get out of here, everyone will pay!"
   "We will get you off the wall in a moment, Xo. Please, just hold on-"
   "What? I can't- I can't hear you!"

   Rip waved off Jax's shouting in an annoyed huff. The captain turned to Gideon for a status report after her manual reboot.

I am detecting a time beacon signaling the WaveRider. But then again, this is 1960.

   "Woah, wait- 1960? We left the girls and Ray for two years?"

The temporal navigation system was compromised and did its best to return us as close as possible to 1958.

   "Salypso changa," Martin sighed in gibberish.

   —

   "Why is Xo on the wall? And why is Jax holding Snart's gun?"

   Ray politely waved at me, very confused but still happy to see me. Kendra frowned, puzzled. I flicked my wrist, attempting to return to gesture.

  "Hey." I smiled flatly.

   "She should be down at any moment."
   "Jax, please try to not kill me."
   "If I do, know it wasn't intentional."
   "At least give me a count down, kid?"
   "Alright. 3,2,1."

    I shut my eyes tightly once he fired at the strip across my chest. The glowing green band froze over and Jax chanted triumphantly. Using my pent-up anger, I summoned my powers. Shadows exploded from my body and the band into fragments.

   "Uh, finally!" I complained.

   Jax rubbed my shoulder affectionately before dropping the copy of Snart's gun by his side, "I think I'll stick with fire."

   "Good choice."

   I held my fist up and he bumped it proudly. Ray interrupted the celebration by pulling me into a hug. An oof left my mouth, surprised by the friendliness. I enjoyed the closeness, though I'd never admit that to his face. Kendra replaced Palmer and we exchanged a tight hug as well.