12 | Friend of a Friend

Cu·ri·os· I ·ty/ˌkyo͝orēˈäsədē/noun1

Cu·ri·os· I ·ty
/ˌkyo͝orēˈäsədē/
noun
1. a strong desire to know or learn something.

══════

[ Central City 1993 ]

   THE SHIP WAS THRUST into the new decade, blue skies replacing the green waves of the time stream. Camouflaging the WaveRider, Rip parked the ship in an abandoned storage lot.

   "Let's go pay Dr. Peña a visit."

    Standing to join them, Rip quickly waved me off. A huff left his nose and he pointed to me to sit back down, "Not you, Miss. Luna. I'm afraid you will have to remain on the ship for the time being."

    "Why?" I balked.

    "We cannot risk losing you. You are our top expert on these men, you aren't going anywhere. If Savage wants people like you, we cannot deliver you on a silver platter. Understood?"

Begrudgingly, I nodded along. Anxiousness prickled at the palms of my hands, stinging the skin. Sitting still was never easy for me, it never had been.

"Rip," catching the worry before it could slip out of my mouth, I inhaled deeply, "How do we know they won't go looking for the survivors?"

    "It's too risky. He wouldn't waste more time trying to get people to comply... it's more work than it's worth."

    Before I could pry further, he turned to walk towards the bulkheads. Sara looked between the captain and me, "I'm staying."

    "Sara— I need your skills and expertise. If I can't have Xo, I most definitely need you. I'm sorry, and wanting to stay is admirable... but you'd be doing more by being out there with me."

    "But—"

    "Ms. Lance."

    "Sara, Go."

    Speaking at the same time, Rip and I stopped to look at each other, "Go Sara. I'd much rather you out there, at least then I know you'll do what you have to do. You'll be my proxy, you know me better than anyone— what I would do, the decisions I'd make, everything. You're the only one I can trust."

    Looking around, I spared the rest of the group an apologetic shrug, "no offense."

    Silence again. Her eyes roamed my unreadable expression, attempting to find some cracks in the faulty exterior. She nodded, "Okay."

   Rip tapped along the keypad Gideon projected on her screen. A location— Iron Heights. He pulled up the Prison records and status of Peña, "Dr. Palmer, you and Snart will pay a visit to the docks... if there is a shipment on its way I want to know about it. Xo, I want you and Rory to take a closer look at the files you've acquired and see if there is anything you missed. Kendra and Sara will accompany me to the prison. Matin and Jax, you two will take the jumpship and follow Xo's exact instructions to retrieve her inhibitor."