Ugly Mutt - Halloween 2021

Peter watched you looking at the Halloween decorations that were hanging in one of the windows of a store you passed. You liked to get a few decorations that you kept out all year round. But neither of you really celebrated Halloween.

This year the new moon would be on the same day as Halloween and Destiny was already worried about it. Lynda had called and assured him he didn't need to worry. But he did anyway. "We could have a little Halloween party!" You muttered on the way home as you continued to peak curiously into the store windows.

"You want to throw a Halloween party during a full moon?" He muttered, When you paused he grinned, watching you think for a moment then crinkle your nose in frustration.

"I forgot other people don't know about werewolves." You admitted. He laughed and shook his head as he smiled. Trust you to become so used to living with a werewolf that you would forget that it isn't the norm.

"We could have our own Halloween?" Peter offered and you laughed a little.

"Ooh! We could get you one of those pumpkin-shaped rawhides!" You joked. Peter gave you a look and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, haha. It's bad enough that one time the wolf ate out of the trash." He muttered. You muttered a giggled apology and he smiled.

"I wish we could have halloween everyday." You muttered as you passed by the last store which had some adorable wolf statues with red eyes, holding a little cauldron bowl.

"Every day is Halloween, isn't it? For some of us." Peter said as he watched you peer in the window a moment longer than the others. Halloween passed quickly. You and Destiny took full advantage of the discounted candy. At one point Peter opened a cupboard looking for the coffee before he went to work, to find candy raining out of the cupboard and making a small pile by his feet. The night after Halloween he had flopped down in bed, exhausted from the full moon and thought for a long while. The next day he'd gone to the store and bought the ridiculous dog statue and moved as much of your candy as he could into the bowl in its mouth. He set it on the kitchen counter and frowned at it.

"Ugly looking mutt." He muttered to himself. He was relieved however when you came home from work and were so delighted that you clapped your hands in glee.

"Oh look! He's so cute." You exclaimed. Peter frowned and then raised his eyebrows at you. "Of course not as cute as you! Thanks." You said as you joined him on the sofa offering him several bits of candy from your pocket.