Cooking happiness - December 2021

When you'd woken up on christmas morning with your nose full and your head feeling dizzy you gave up. All of your preparation the night before, your fancy meal. You'd invite Lynda and Destiny for the day.

You weren't sure how long it had been since you'd woken up. But you felt the distinct feeling of someone prodding your face. "Are you dead?" Peter asked. You groaned in response and tried to bet him away but did nothing more than lazily flick your arm. "Jesus. You aren't dead but you look at it."

"You have to call Lynda to say I'm sick and can't do dinner." You croaked out. Peter watched as you slowly fell back asleep and hustled off. He called his mother who sent Destiny with something to make you feel better. She then hurried to find a shp that was open to get you your missing ingredients. Peter woke you and forced you to drink the foul tasting liquid then gave you a bucket in case you threw up.

You woke up a few hours later to the smell of food and feeling miles better. You were now grateful Peter had made you drink whatever Destiny had made for you. Heading out of the bedroom wrapped in a blanket you found the Rumancek family in the kitchen.

"Did you manage to sort the food?" You asked Lynda.

"Peter had it all covered sweetheart. Come here." She said as she hugged you tightly.

"Peter?" You asked.

"I got this, I watch food network." Peter insisted.
"I also helped him. So you wont get food poisoning." Destiny informed you. Lynda insisted that she got you settled on the sofa. Peter came to check on you a few minutes later and laughed. You were wrapped with every blanket Lynda had been able to find. Peter thought you looked rather like an angry cat that had been swaddled in order to stop being a pest.

"Haha. I should have warned you that being sick gets my Mom in a mothering mood." Peter teased. You groaned as your door busted open and Roman came in with a skittish looking young man who was weighed down with bags of gifts. Roman came into the living room, looked at you with disdain, then looked at Peter.

"What's wrong with them?"

"I can hear you."

"Woke up sick and Mom burritoed them." Peter answered.

"Gross you're sick! Running my christmas."

"Well excuse me for having a human immune system." You grumbled.

"Naw it's ok. You can't help being fragile. You're food." Roman said as he patted your head and smiled.

"If I could move my arms I would slap you." You said firmly.

"I know." Roman said back with the same sarcastic tone. "I have to go and meet Shelly. But I will leave you with gifts."

"What's with the assistant?" Peter asked.

"I don't know, I thought it'd be nice to have someone do everything for me for a change."

"For and change?" You said sarcastically.

"Watch it or I'll take all your Christmas gifts." Roman said as he waved to Lynda and headed out.

"I bet he poisoned me and made me sick! He probably wanted to kill me off and came to check." You insisted. Peter laughed as you tried to sound serious and flail free of tie blankets.

"(Y/N) is delusional. Destiny, have you got any more of that magic juice?" Lynda asked as she felt your forehead. Something started beeping loudly and Peter set his drink down, his laughing at your predicament stopping as he hurried to the kitchen.