Daylight

You yawned and stretched until you felt the stretch tingle in your fingertips and the end of your toes. Sitting up you stared sleepily at the bedroom door. Someone was tinkering around in the kitchen which meant either Peter had woken up early and was being called into work or Destiny had let herself in. Normally she would have swept into the room and opened the curtains, leaving a warm drink on the bedside table.

Seeing as she hadn't you assumed that it was Peter. Putting your feet down on the soft carpet you searched for your slippers. They were old and worn now but comfortable. An old jumper of Peter's was slung over a small chair that sat in the corner of the room facing away from the bed towards the window. You pulled it off the chair and put it on, wrapping it around yourself and heading out of the bedroom. The bedroom door opened into the dining kitchen area and you found Peter with his back to you. He was listening to something on the radio. A steaming pan was in his hand while the kettle on the side boiled. He was so engrossed in the radio he didn't notice you sneaking up on him until you had rounded the kitchen island and lent on the side next to him.

"Another wolf attack." He mumbled.

"Are you going to be looking into it?" You asked. Peter glanced at you with a guilty look and set the pan down on the cooker.

"I might do? The full moon is coming up in a few days. It'd be better to be sure if it's a normal wolf." Peter pointed out. You nodded and smiled as he reached out to pull you into a hug. As he did, you caught a peak at the food in the pan.

"You were going to make yourself breakfast and not me. Then go off and hunt for a werewolf!" You said in playful shock. Peter chuckled and shrugged.

"I figured it's your day off. So you'd sleep until lunch and I'd be back by then with lunch." Peter admitted. You smiled and laughed. He leant down to kiss you as he kept you in a tight hug. The two of you pulled away as the door burst open.

"Come on, let's get going!" Roman said impatiently as if he'd been waiting for hours, not seconds.

"Excuse me for not wanting to rush off to catch a werewolf hunter in broad daylight and find a crazy werewolf." Peter muttered as he plated up the food. He set it down on the side and motioned for you to take a seat.

"I'll be back soon." Peter promised. He kissed the top of your head once you sat down and headed to the door with Roman leading the way, fussing and complaining as he went out into the apartment hallway.

"Careful, It's daylight!" You called. Peter glanced back at you as you smiled. "You never know what beasties you might come across." You said with a grin. He shook his head and chuckled fondly as he snatched at his keys and shut the door. You heard him checking the door was secure before heading down the hallway. You sighed and glanced around. There were a few dishes in the sink, most were washed and on the draining board. The pan was now cooling on the stove top and Peter's half made coffee was cooling next to the kettle. Seeing as you would no doubt be alone for the day you went to fetch your duvet from your bed and threw it over the sofa. Once it looked comfortable and you'd moved around the cushions you finished making the drink on the side and carried it over with your breakfast. You turned on the tv, switching to an old rerun of a crime show as you settled in to wait for Peter to return.