Dream Mate

Peter smiled as you stretched over his hammock, fingers walking the length of your legs, slowly sliding back up and repeating the whole movement. He couldn't get enough of watching you, the way you moved and fidgeted under his touch.

"I'm glad I found you." He hummed happily and you bit your lip, blushing at him.

Your mouth moved with your response but no sound left you, for a minute or two he was utterly confused, maybe he just hadn't heard you or he'd zoned in on some other sound but even after the second time you'd spoken he couldn't hear.

Slamming noise jolted him and he blinked at the sudden change in position, he was lay where he had been before whatever just happened, realising he had no idea what you looked like or how your voice sounded, just that you needed to be found.

"Peter you alright?" Lynda asked as she carried a shopping back into the trailer.

"Yeah... I mean I think so... just um." He stumbled over his words unsure how to make his point.

"The dream again?" She set that bags down and looked at Peter. "You know you should talk to Destiny about it."

"Why so my natural urges can force me to mate with someone who can guarantee the Rumancek line?" Peter snorted and watched as his Mom unloaded the bags.

"You know what happens to rejected mates." She scolded and Peter groaned.

"Yes ok I don't want her to become a werewolf magnet but... I'm not exactly prepared to take on the responsibilities of having a mate." Peter pointed out and Lynda sighed.

"Peter you can either give into your urges and sire a child, sire a family, or let that poor girl be stalked by werewolves the rest of her life." Lynda arched an eyebrow and Peter relented.

"Fine I'll go see Destiny." With that he grabbed his jacket and stormed away from the trailer, taking his time as he walked the edge of the road.