Underhanded - Halloween 2021

Peter had invited you to stay with him. You were sure that it had been Destiny's idea but you'd been glad that he had. On your way home from work, you'd been enjoying the setting sun and the golden leaves. It hadn't occurred to you that you should look up to see the giant wolf, which according to Peter who hadn't seen the wolf wasn't giant, watching you.

Peter had rolled his eyes when you said that you had turned a corner and been accosted by a werewolf. Destiny had believed you and gone to get security footage from the shop across the street. Which was when Peter admitted that you had indeed been personally picked out by a large wolf and attacked.

Instead of walking home nwo, you made sure to wait for Peter. He would pull up in the staff car park and pick you up on the way back from work. When your shifts didn't line up you'd get the bus as far as you could and run the rest of the way home. Tonight Peter was picking you up. You enjoyed the moment of peace as you stepped out of the back, having called goodbye to your co-workers. The crisp cold air and the semi-darkness was almost comforting. Your eyes closed for a moment as you took in an icy breath. A car driving near you made you open your eyes to see Peter pulling in. As you walked over to the car he stared slightly behind you and gasped. You froze and turned, finding a poster with a wolf on it. You jumped and turned back to the car when you heard him laughing.

"That was a mean, low, sneaky, underhanded trick!" You said as you got into the truck. Peter laughed and leant forward against the steering wheel.

"You jumped!" He wheezed out through a laugh.

"Peter! That wasn't funny!" You complained. He stopped laughing and nodded, turning the truck.

"Alright I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I've got dinner." He said and gestured to the back seat of the truck. You could see some bags of food and spied the ingredients for your favourite meal Peter made you.

"Well. I'll have to wait and see what my stomach says about forgiving you." You joked, pretending to still be upset.

"I wait with baited breath." Peter played along as he pulled out onto the road.