Christmas Prompt ~ 2019

You weren't frowning out of the window, Peter would say more scowling, up at the sky. As if the clouds that hung over Hemlock Grove would open and pour down soft streams of snow. When he set the freshly made jug of hot chocolate on the table you glanced at him.

"It's still not snowing." You mumbled.

"I'm not sure staring out of the window will help. It's too warm."

A devious look crossed you face and he sighed, knowing an idea was churning in your head. "Couldn't Destiny do something about it." You asked curiously. Peter lit a cigarette and took a drag before answering.

"Could Destiny make it snow or would she?"

"Both."

"She could but she won't. Not unless you have a good reason."

"I could think of a good reason."

"I doubt you could think of one to convince Destiny. Besides, that sort of stuff is harder to do, more dangerous."

"Well." You said and went quiet for a little while. When you finally spoke up again you'd curled up in the armchair next to the window, turning to the Christmas movie that was playing on the TV. "I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her. Especially not over Christmas. Not that I would want that any other time ether."

Peter chuckled and nodded, fetching a blanket from the bedrooms and dumping them on the sofa. There was a box of cookies sent from Lynda. "Let's watch this movie then." He said cheerfully.