A Question

Roman glared as he watched you and Peter, waving at you both, as he turned the car around and headed back home. You'd been friends with Roman for as long as he could remember, deep down he'd never really worried about behaving or anything serious because you were his backup plan.

He'd run the Godfrey Industries and marry you, it was how he'd planned his life out since he was a kid, but Peter just had to jump in and ruin it. At first Roman had found it funny, thinking Peter could never measure up to him in your eyes, only for you to go on a date with Peter and suddenly spend less and less time with Roman.

But he'd kept silent, hoping that you'd come to your senses, only to be named best man in your wedding. He even helped the two of you find a house and still stayed silent, his heart breaking yet again when you both told him that you were starting a family of your own.

-------------------------------------------

"Hey Roman, you in?" Peter called as Anna let him in the house.

"What?" Roman snapped as he walked down the stairs to meet him at the bottom.

"Me and (Y/N) have a question to ask you." Peter mumbled awkwardly as he ran a hand through his hair. "We'd like you to be the god-father of the baby... (Y/N) won't let us know if it's a boy or a girl yet."

Roman swallowed and glanced away from Peter as he wondered over to the mini bar in the living room. He'd been kidding himself that maybe Peter would wake up and skip town, leaving him to pick up the pieces, but he knew it was a stupid wish.

"Yeah sounds good." Roman grunted. Peter chuckled and accepted a drink from his friend as they took a seat in the huge living room and talk over what you and Peter were going through.

Throughout the evening Roman was tempted to yell at Peter, to storm out of his house and sweep you away, but he stayed silent on the subject. When you called Peter to say you were back from Destiney's Roman vanished into a room at the back of the house, not having it in him to drive his best friend home and see you great Peter, the way you should be greeting him.