My Yard?

Peter smiled to himself. Opening the door of the trailer he saw you swinging on the hammock outside. "Making yourself at home?"

"No." You replied, pulling your sunglasses down with one hand, looking over at him. He laughed to himself and nodded, hopping down the steps of the trailer and walking over to you. "The cops said that we can't skinny dip in the lake this summer. Something about unprovable Godfrey toxic dumping in the lake. So I came to sunbath here."

"In my garden?" He asked as he leant on the tree nearest to your head while you put your sunglasses back on and settled back, hands draped over the edges of the hammock.

"How is this any different from all of the times you broke into my parents garden to swim in their pool when the Wendall's chased you off?"

He hummed as he sat on the stool next to the hammock, moving it away, assuming that you had moved it to climb on up. "I guess it's the same." He said as he took a seat. He grinned to himself before adding. "Although the only difference would be the fact that I wasn't doing it to get in your pants."

"How can I be trying to get into your pants. You're not wearing any for starters." You pointed out and he hummed in agreement, nudging you slightly so you swayed.

"All the more impressive I suppose."

"Impressive that you... have an aversion to clothing?" You asked him and he rubbed a hand over his bare chest, grinning at you when you looked at him and rolled your eyes.

"You know if we were nicer, we could be friends." Peter said cheerfully as he hopped to his feet and leant on one side of the hammock, making you roll his way a little as he snatched at your sunglasses and put them on.

"Friends?"
"We could be more than friends?" He offered, leaning back so you couldn't grab your sunglasses from his face.

"Why would I want to be more than friends?"

"Because you're here in my yard, sunbathing." He pointed out and grinned when you sighed.

"It's revenge."

"For your parents' pool?"

"Yup."

"Not because you like me?"

"Why would I like you?"

"Hmm, the reason most girls like me. I'm tall, dark and mysterious. I have tattoos and no one knows anything about me." He offered and you laughed.

"You know you came here once a year to see that dude that lived here. We all know it."

"Nicolae? Yeah. I guess. Maybe not so mysterious then."

"Maybe you like me and that's why I'm here."

"So you're here because I like you. But you don't like me?" He asked, leaning in close enough that you could smell the scent of the woods off him.

"Exactly. Total nonsense. Just like that whole rumor that used to go round. What was it? That you were a werewolf." You asked, laying back down and trying to keep your cool. Which was easy until he decided to climb in beside you.

"Yeah, people do ask me if I'm one every now and then." He said casually as he lay back beside you.