Break My Heart

An angry vibrating shook the rock hard motel bed you had been curled up in. opening one eye you peered out of the top of your duvet cocoon hoping whoever it was would stop ringing so you could go back to sleep, the phone cut off, just as you closed your eyes it began vibrating again but this time it was hard enough to drop off the edge of the bed.

"What do you want?" you snapped, now hanging out of the bed upside down as an after math of your fight against gravity to grab the phone before it hit the floor.

"Really, you are aware it's eleven in the morning and some of us have been working since eight." The musical chuckle through the phone to you the caller had been Destiny Rumancek and that she was simply playing mad to get you out of bed.

"Hey I worked all night you know." You grumbled as you sat up and began retrieving fresh clothes from the bag you had left unpacked.

"Yeah well get your but up and catch the next bus, stay on till it turns round and I'll meet you at the bus stop." She hung up and you knew by now that doing what Destiney said without complaint made life so much easier.

----------------------------------------

Destiney grabbed you in a tight hug as soon as you were off the bus and took your bags, leading you to a black car. A man, Destiney introduced as Andreas, kissed her and smiled at you while starting the car and driving the few miles to Hemlock Grove.

"So why exactly is it that I'm being dragged away from my cushy bartending job?" You hummed, watching Destiny carefully.

"I needed a favour and you're the only one I trust to look after Peter." She smiled widely at you as the car rolled to a stop in front of a familiar letterbox.

"Are we at Nicolae's?" You asked quickly. "Wait did you say you want me to look after Peter?" you hissed at her. She smiled and carried your bag down the steps.

"Peter's moving back into the trailer and I figured he'd need help so I volunteered you." she smiled and you couldn't help but frown seeing as the last time you saw Peter he was yelling at you for choosing to hit the road on your own instead of following him and Lynda who was insistent that you at least check in with Destiny every now and then.

"What the hell is she doing here Destiny?" Peter stormed out of the trailer, the front door slamming on its hinges.

"She's here to help Peter." He rolled his eyes at Destiny and stopped in front of you jerking his thumb towards the trailer.

"Hmm are you even staying?" He snapped. Despite his harsh look he let you both in, Destiny led you to the room that had been Lynda's and dumped your bag on the bed before hurrying out of the trailer to get to work.

------------------------------

"I've got work, going to a friends after." Peter snapped without looking at you. you sighed and decided to keep yourself calm and ignore his bitter attitude and try to clean up the place, at least until you were settled and could find another job.

The door slamming loudly told you Peter had gone, you stood from the small table that was squashed in one corner of the room and began cleaning.

By lunch time the inside of the trailer was clean, herbs were hung around the door way and you'd started wondering round the garden collecting the mountain of bottles.

"Hey... you, girl, Peter in?" you turned to address the rude voice and found the boy in a suit that had been on all of the posters and tv adverts all over hemlock Grove.

"No." you snapped, turning back to the bottles, sighing when you saw how many you still had left to clear away.

"Well you're a lot of fucking help." He stalked away and left you to hum to yourself as you cleaned up.

---------------------------

Peter was fully prepared to slam around the trailer, despite it being midnight, he was still hurting after you chose to ditch him. He smiled slightly when he saw you passed out on the sofa, dirt smudged on your cheek and your hair a tangled mess, falling from your bun.

He carefully scooped you up and carried you to your room, he may well be mad but he tried not to be a jerk and he couldn't leave you on the sofa in the cold living room, especially since you'd clearly cleaned the trailer for him, a task he'd been putting off for months.

"Peter what are you doing?" you muttered as he opened your bedroom door.

"Oh hey, sorry just go back to sleep I'll put you down in a sec." true to his words, seconds later you were snuggled into the warm bed and he began to leave.

"What happened to Lynda?" You asked quietly.

"She had to skip town, some stupid crap but everything's fine now... well it's ok." He muttered, leaning against the doorframe as you sat up.

"it's good that she's ok, I'll stick around till she comes back of you want." You yawned and flopped back into the surprisingly comfortable bed.

"Yeah well, you better not break my heart again." His voice was low and you didn't quiet catch what he said as you fell back asleep, leaving him to shut your door and find his way to his own bed.