death & I: sungchan

summary: death himself falls in love with a patient who's time is almost up

genre: mostly fluff.
7.6K words

note: in this story, I've made death and the grim reaper two different entities. death is in charge of bringing the souls of the innocent to paradise while the grim reaper takes the souls of the evil to hell.

contains most likely inaccurate descriptions of sicknesses

ft. myulmang (doom) from doom at your service  

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

everyday was spent lonely and alone in a plain hospital room with a bunch of machines attached to you. frail and petite your body was, with lungs that were equally feeble.
you have been in this same hospital for about 7 years. bound to the bed for most of the day, only taking a walk with the nurse for 30 minutes at 6pm everyday.

that was the only good part of the day. even if it was just 30 minutes, it was great to finally be free of that same white room you've been in for years. at this point, hearing the birds chirping and watching the floral curtains flow in the breeze was the only thing you did throughout the day. then at night, you'd watch the boring news and old ass korean dramas that aired on tv. maybe if you were lucky, you could watch the latest dramas there were but even so... it'd be hard to keep up.

today was just another day of you doing the same routine. the nurse had served you with your lunch which was just a small serving of rice and seasoned white chicken breast. it was a boring meal but that's the most you could take. anymore and you'd feel too sick.
the tv in front of you was turned on with some movie playing. as it was your only source of entertainment, you just watched it while chewing on your food quietly.

knock knock

a confused "hm" escaped your full mouth as your eyes turned to the cream metal door. the door opens revealing a tall boy with light brown hair and a rather cute smile. "hi" he greets with a little wave, only his head peeking through the door.

"hm? who are you?" you ask, confused. you don't get visitors at all so you assume this young man went to the wrong ward.
"are you y/n?" he asks, heightening your confusion even more.

who was he?

"uh yeah.. that's me.. you are?..."

he steps in fully and bows - a full 90 degree bow.

"hi, my name is sungchan" he says with a smile.

"hello sungchan" you reply awkwardly, putting down your spoon. "how do you know me? I don't think I've met you before"

"oh uh, I came here to visit my grandpa and I recently began volunteering. I entertain some patients especially the older ones here" he giggles softly after explaining, hand going up to rub his nape.