it's always you: h.rj

summary: no matter how much the two of you bicker, in the end you'd only find each other

genre: fluff, frenemy!renjun

4.9K words

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

you've always found huang renjun to be absolutely insufferable. you hated how he talked like he ruled the world eventhough it wasn't exactly wrong since a bunch of people you knew had some severe case of renjunitis. seemingly willing to get onto their knees and succumb to all of renjun's needs whenever and wherever. renjun knew very well the affect he had on the people around him, always using it to his advantage. you weren't the only one who felt this way though, because renjun found you to be just as insufferable, finding you to be extremely vain. he'd start getting annoyed everytime you got upset just because you didn't look pretty enough or complaining when your brother messed your hair as a joke.

the two of you disliked each other.

yet the both of you always found your way to each other in the end.

honestly, you didn't actually hate him. and he didn't actually hate you. it was just a mutual dislike that led to endless bickering and insults being thrown at each other across the room while poor ol' jeno sits in the middle like some kind of wall.

on most days, renjun would barge into your house like he owned it. the constant breaking in also made you wonder just how good your door locks were, slightly concerned as to how renjun keeps getting in. unless your dumb brother decided to give the last of the spare keys to his friends you thought you could get robbed at any point by now.

"ugh, I can't believe they ran out of that limited edition sylvanian family blind box!" renjun barges into your house as you sat on the couch, legs comfortably placed on the coffee table with your phone in hand. "like I get that it's limited edition but don't you think that if you had more in stock, your sales would be boosted even more because it's supposedly limited edition. or is that just a business scam"

you put your phone down to look at renjun. "just because you're friends with my brother, it doesn't mean you have to talk to me"

renjun ignores you however, taking a seat next to you and leaning in way too close. "you don't get it" he pulls out his phone, typing rapidly into Google and shoving his phone into your face. "look at that, y/n. look at that." he very aggressively points at the cute animal figures on his phone. "look how beautiful and cute that is. do you see why I desperately crave to have that in my collection?"

"it's cute but please don't sit too close to me." you say, scooching over to the side to get away from him. "jeno is probably playing ball so don't expect him to come home anytime soon."

"doesn't matter. I wasn't here for him anyways"

you raise an eyebrow. "then who are you here for?"

renjun rolls his eyes with a groan, crossing his arms. "I was here for you, idiot. you think jeno understands the beauty of collecting sylvanian families? no. no he doesn't. why? because jeno is the definition of a textbook male." he begins counting with his fingers. "he can't cook, he's all about sports, he's a gym hunk"