train station: h.rj

Summary: walking to the train station everyday and seeing the same boy

Summary: walking to the train station everyday and seeing the same boy. Does he notice you too?

genre: fluff, strangers to lovers, soulmate au

2.3k words

originally written: 2019
edited: 20/1/24

*:..。o○ ○o。..:*

It was a usual routine. Everyday after school, walk to the nearby train station, take a train home and continue walking back home.

you were used to it. with your parents work schedule not matching yours and your siblings being too busy with their own lives, the only form of transportation you had left was public transportation. it wasn't too bad either, over time your complaints of being tired and sweaty turned into sighs of relief as you cleared your mind while walking alone to the train station and back to your own house that was very conveniently near the train station as well.

and everyday, you'd see the same similar face which was that of another boy from a different school, waiting at the same train station as you. his hair was always neat as well as his uniform, usually having only one ear occupied with an earphone whilst the other stayed alert to the sound around him.

you weren't trying to be weird or anything, but you couldn't help but steal multiple glances at him from time to time. not only did he have a rather cold yet charming face, you saw him everyday. it made you wonder if he noticed you as well. does he also recognize you as a regular at that train station? or were you just one of the many strangers he sees everyday. that was a question that constantly lingered on your mind. some part of you wished you could jump into his brain for a short moment just to get an answer.

one day, you noticed he was with a companion - a female one to be exact. they talked and laughed, seemingly very close. a strange feeling brewed in your gut as you glanced at them once in a while in the train. the boy's smile was so pretty you wondered what it'd be like to witness it with your own eyes.
the longer you thought about them, the more crazy you got. you found your self thinking about that boy and his friend a bit too much; wondering if she was just a friend or perhaps a girlfriend.
feeling your chest ache and your stomach turn, you refused to believe you could ever be jealous. why would you? he was nothing but a stranger to you. you don't know him and he doesn't know you. you don't even know his name! hell, he could be some guy named Jeremy for all you know.

-

you peer down the railing at the train station, admiring the view and taking a deep breath of fresh air to fill your oxygen deprived lungs. you had just arrived at the train station and your body was dripping with sweat, bag aching for your heavy bag. looking around, there down below the train station, you see that boy walking towards the station. his face as stoic as ever with his hair blowing slightly in the wind. it was easy to recognize who he was. seeing him everyday, you've unintentionally memorized his body and face shape.

your ability to recognize that boy from afar surprised you, even making you wonder if you were crazy for being able to recognize a stranger's body shape.